Modafinil and Irritability - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Irritability is found among people who take Modafinil, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Modafinil and have Irritability. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,746 people who have side effects when taking Modafinil from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
16,746 people reported to have side effects when taking Modafinil.
Among them, 162 people (0.97%) have Irritability.
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy. eHealthMe is studying from 17,555 Modafinil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Irritability?
Irritability is found to be associated with 2,914 drugs and 2,367 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Modafinil and Irritability reports submitted per year:
Time on Modafinil when people have Irritability *:
Gender of people who have Irritability when taking Modafinil*:
Age of people who have Irritability when taking Modafinil *:
Common drugs people take besides Modafinil *:
Common side effects people have besides Irritability *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Modafinil and have Irritability?Check whether Irritability is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM, "Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy", Sleep Science, 2014 Mar .
How severe was Irritability and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of modafinil:
- Irritability and drugs with ingredients of modafinil (319 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Modafinil:
- Modafinil (17,555 reports)
Common Modafinil side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,589 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,140 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,106 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,101 reports
- Depression: 1,049 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,000 reports
- Dizziness: 897 reports
- Drowsiness: 887 reports
Browse all side effects of Modafinil:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Irritability treatments and more:
- Irritability (65,527 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Irritability:
- Irritability in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Irritability in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Irritability in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Irritability:
- Cymbalta: 4,762 reports
- Chantix: 2,651 reports
- Paxil: 2,123 reports
- Lyrica: 1,656 reports
- Zoloft: 1,498 reports
- Pegasys: 1,440 reports
- Wellbutrin: 1,384 reports
- Aspirin: 1,376 reports
- Effexor: 1,343 reports
- Prednisone: 1,336 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Irritability:
- Irritability (2,914 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Irritability:
- Depression: 6,220 reports
- Pain: 3,203 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 2,595 reports
- Quit smoking: 2,487 reports
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: 2,221 reports
- Hepatitis c: 1,999 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Irritability:
- Irritability (2,367 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on modafinil (the active ingredients of Modafinil) and Modafinil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vitamin B12 and Ovidrel drug interaction - a second ago
- Exforge Hct and Gout - 3 seconds ago
- Fluticasone Propionate and Retinal Haemorrhage - 5 seconds ago
- Vistaril and Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow - 9 seconds ago
- Actiq and Osteoarthritis Aggravated - 17 seconds ago
- Simethicone and Appetite Disorder - 17 seconds ago
- Marine Triglyceride and Lyrica drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Dynacirc and Neuralgia - 18 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole and Acute Right Ventricular Failure - 23 seconds ago
- Pain and Renal Vasculitis - 23 seconds ago