Modafinil and Myocardial ischaemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Myocardial ischaemia is reported only by a few people who take Modafinil.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Modafinil and have Myocardial ischaemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15,109 people who have side effects while taking Modafinil from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
15,109 people reported to have side effects when taking Modafinil.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Myocardial ischaemia.
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy. eHealthMe is studying from 15,835 Modafinil users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Myocardial ischaemia?
Myocardial ischaemia (the blood flow through one or more of the blood vessels that lead to heart (coronary arteries) is decreased) is found to be associated with 1,622 drugs and 935 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Modafinil and Myocardial ischaemia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Myocardial ischaemia when taking Modafinil *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Myocardial ischaemia when taking Modafinil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Modafinil *:
- Vitamin D3: 1 person, 50.00%
- Vitamin B12: 1 person, 50.00%
- Viagra: 1 person, 50.00%
- Plegridy: 1 person, 50.00%
- Gilenya: 1 person, 50.00%
- Flexeril: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Myocardial ischaemia *:
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 50.00%
- Electrocardiogram Abnormal: 1 person, 50.00%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 50.00%
- Cardiac Disorder: 1 person, 50.00%
- Bundle Branch Block Right (absence of transmission of electric impulses from the atrioventricular (av) bundle of his to the right ventricle): 1 person, 50.00%
- Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action): 1 person, 50.00%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Modafinil and have Myocardial ischaemia?Check whether Myocardial ischaemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM, "Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy", Sleep Science, 2014 Mar .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Modafinil:
- Modafinil (15,835 reports)
Myocardial ischaemia treatments and more:
- Myocardial ischaemia (25,523 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Myocardial ischaemia:
- Myocardial ischaemia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Myocardial ischaemia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Myocardial ischaemia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Myocardial ischaemia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of modafinil:
Common drugs associated with Myocardial ischaemia:
All the drugs that are associated with Myocardial ischaemia:
- Myocardial ischaemia (1,622 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Myocardial ischaemia:
All the conditions that are associated with Myocardial ischaemia:
- Myocardial ischaemia (935 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on modafinil (the active ingredients of Modafinil) and Modafinil (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Paroxetine vs. Fluoxetine - now
- Cosopt and Gemfibrozil drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Flexeril and Terbinafine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Thorazine vs. Lamotrigine - 15 seconds ago
- Mirtazapine and Farydak drug interaction - 18 seconds ago