Who have Rhinitis with Modafinil - from FDA reports
Rhinitis is found among people who take Modafinil, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Singulair, and have Asthma. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,060 people who have side effects when taking Modafinil from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
8,060 people reported to have side effects when taking Modafinil.
Among them, 8 people (0.1%) have Rhinitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Modafinil when people have Rhinitis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 100 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Rhinitis when taking Modafinil *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Rhinitis when taking Modafinil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 66.67 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Asthma: 2 people, 25.00%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 1 person, 12.50%
- Supplementation Therapy: 1 person, 12.50%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 12.50%
- Chronic Thyroiditis (long lasting inflammation of thyroid gland): 1 person, 12.50%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Singulair: 5 people, 62.50%
- Xyrem: 4 people, 50.00%
- Vitamin D3: 4 people, 50.00%
- Prilosec: 3 people, 37.50%
- Nuvigil: 3 people, 37.50%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Tooth Disorder (tooth disease): 3 people, 37.50%
- Myasthenia Gravis (a chronic condition that causes muscles to tire and weaken easily): 3 people, 37.50%
- Sjogren Syndrome (a disease that causes dryness in the mouth and eyes): 3 people, 37.50%
- Rickets (softening of bones): 3 people, 37.50%
- Angioedema (rapid swelling of the dermis): 3 people, 37.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Rhinitis while taking Modafinil?
You are not alone:
Modafinil has active ingredients of modafinil. It is often used in narcolepsy. (latest outcomes from Modafinil 8,595 users)
Rhinitis (a medical term for irritation and inflammation of the mucous membrane inside the nose) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, asthma, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 8,056 Rhinitis patients).
Drugs that are associated with RhinitisRhinitis (1,145 drugs)
Could your condition cause RhinitisRhinitis (823 conditions)
Modafinil side effects
- Modafinil side effects (8,061 reports)
Browse all side effects of Modafinila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM, "Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy", Sleep Science, 2014 Mar .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Travatan and Dopamine Hydrochloride drug interaction - now
- Will you have Herpes - Genital with Chloraprep One-Step Sepp? - a second ago
- Will you have Perforation Of The Intestines with Exjade? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Intestinal Perforation with Exjade? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Gastrointestinal Perforation with Exjade? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 71 year old man who takes Simvastatin - 48 minutes ago
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Losartan - 52 minutes ago
- Prediction of Hctz, Lisinopril for a 50 year old woman - an hour ago
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Losartan, Simvastatin - an hour ago
- Prediction of Aptiom, B-12, Calan Sr, Synthroid, Vitamin B-2, Aspirin for a 43 year old woman - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.