Morphine and Decreased consciousness - from FDA reports
Decreased consciousness is found among people who take Morphine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acetaminophen, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Decreased consciousness with Morphine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 78,912 people who have side effects when taking Morphine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 22, 2017
78,912 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine.
Among them, 1,121 people (1.42%) have Decreased consciousness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Morphine when people have Decreased consciousness *:
- < 1 month: 89.09 %
- 1 - 6 months: 5.45 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.61 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.03 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.82 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Decreased consciousness when taking Morphine *:
- female: 55.16 %
- male: 44.84 %
Age of people who have Decreased consciousness when taking Morphine *:
- 0-1: 0.21 %
- 2-9: 2.21 %
- 10-19: 3.78 %
- 20-29: 7.46 %
- 30-39: 10.92 %
- 40-49: 15.44 %
- 50-59: 18.49 %
- 60+: 41.49 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (46 people, 4.10%)
- Back Pain (34 people, 3.03%)
- Stress And Anxiety (33 people, 2.94%)
- Cancer Pain (33 people, 2.94%)
- Nausea (32 people, 2.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Acetaminophen (81 people, 7.23%)
- Fentanyl (80 people, 7.14%)
- Lasix (74 people, 6.60%)
- Oxycontin (62 people, 5.53%)
- Neurontin (59 people, 5.26%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (159 people, 14.18%)
- Overdose (142 people, 12.67%)
- Drowsiness (120 people, 10.70%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (101 people, 9.01%)
- Multiple Drug Overdose (89 people, 7.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Decreased consciousness when taking Morphine?
- Check symptoms - is decreased consciousness caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDecreased consciousness and drugs with ingredients of morphine sulfate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDecreased consciousness and Morphine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Morphine has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Morphine 80,882 users)
Decreased consciousness has been reported by people with pain, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, diabetes (latest reports from 32,727 Decreased consciousness patients).
Browse all side effects of Morphinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Decreased consciousnessDecreased consciousness
Could your condition cause Decreased consciousnessDecreased consciousness
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been in pain management since 2005,started with my lower back arthritis . Went to Achilles tendinitis cancer, neuropathy, 2 hip replacements spinal stenosis need 2 knee replacements, carpal tunnel and eripheal artery disease. About 6 months ago I started taking avorstatin and ompreole and ...
iv been trying for years to love weight but my pain has goting worse so my doc wants to put me on butrans patch with my oxycodone if any one knows how the two are togather please let me know I don't even know what butran is any one know