Morphine and Ischaemic stroke - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 167,300 people who have side effects when taking Morphine. Ischaemic stroke is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Aspirin and have Nausea.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Morphine and have Ischaemic stroke. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
167,300 people reported to have side effects when taking Morphine.
Among them, 93 people (0.06%) have Ischaemic stroke.
What is Morphine?
Morphine has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is used in pain. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 169,470 Morphine users.
What is Ischaemic stroke?
Ischaemic stroke (stroke; caused by an interruption in the flow of blood to the brain) is found to be associated with 1,492 drugs and 1,047 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 24,693 people who have Ischaemic stroke.
Number of Morphine and Ischaemic stroke reports submitted per year:
Time on Morphine when people have Ischaemic stroke *:
- < 1 month: 84.62 %
- 1 - 6 months: 7.69 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.69 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ischaemic stroke when taking Morphine *:
- female: 53.33 %
- male: 46.67 %
Age of people who have Ischaemic stroke when taking Morphine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.5 %
- 10-19: 2.5 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 11.25 %
- 40-49: 11.25 %
- 50-59: 27.5 %
- 60+: 45.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Morphine *:
- Aspirin: 19 people, 20.43%
- Acetaminophen: 14 people, 15.05%
- Protonix: 12 people, 12.90%
- Ondansetron: 11 people, 11.83%
- Oxycodone: 10 people, 10.75%
- Vicodin: 8 people, 8.60%
- Furosemide: 8 people, 8.60%
- Zofran: 8 people, 8.60%
- Naprosyn: 7 people, 7.53%
- Lopressor: 7 people, 7.53%
Common side effects people have besides Ischaemic stroke *:
- High Blood Pressure: 13 people, 13.98%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 12 people, 12.90%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 12 people, 12.90%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 10 people, 10.75%
- Thrombosis (formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel): 9 people, 9.68%
- Pneumonia: 8 people, 8.60%
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (bleeding gastrointestinal tract): 8 people, 8.60%
- Weight Decreased: 7 people, 7.53%
- Breathing Difficulty: 7 people, 7.53%
- Heart Attack: 7 people, 7.53%
Common conditions people have *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 10 people, 10.75%
- High Blood Pressure: 8 people, 8.60%
- Constipation: 7 people, 7.53%
- Headache (pain in head): 7 people, 7.53%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 6 people, 6.45%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 6 people, 6.45%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 5 people, 5.38%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 4 people, 4.30%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma Stage Unspecified (kidney cancer in unknown stage): 4 people, 4.30%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 4 people, 4.30%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Morphine and have Ischaemic stroke?Check whether Ischaemic stroke is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Rasmy A, Rahal M, Kisana M, Ahmad S, Salah A, "Morphine induced thrombocytopenia: A case report", Journal of Case Reports and Images in Oncology, 2015 Dec .
Morphine side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Morphine side effects (169,470 reports)
Ischaemic stroke treatments and more:
- Ischaemic stroke (24,693 reports)
Common drugs associated with Ischaemic stroke:
- Pradaxa: 2,361 reports
- Xarelto: 2,132 reports
- Vioxx: 1,659 reports
- Aspirin: 1,514 reports
- Furosemide: 721 reports
- Metformin: 706 reports
- Celebrex: 675 reports
- Eliquis: 596 reports
- Simvastatin: 590 reports
- Plavix: 571 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Ischaemic stroke:
- Ischaemic stroke (1,492 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Ischaemic stroke:
All the conditions that are associated with Ischaemic stroke:
- Ischaemic stroke (1,047 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on morphine sulfate (the active ingredients of Morphine) and Morphine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Rythmol and Triazolam drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Estrogel and Stools - Watery - 17 seconds ago
- Estrogel and Diarrhea - 17 seconds ago
- Exforge Hct and Dry Eyes Aggravated - 36 seconds ago
- Varenicline and Sevelamer Carbonate drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Clonazepam and Atorvastatin Calcium drug interaction - 53 seconds ago
- Diovan and Teriflunomide drug interaction - a minute ago
- Trulicity and Synovial Cyst - a minute ago
- Ibuprofen and Flatulence - 2 minutes ago
- Prednisone and Risperidone drug interaction - 2 minutes ago