Motrin and Chest discomfort - from FDA reports
Chest discomfort is found among people who take Motrin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vioxx, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 27,279 people who have side effects when taking Motrin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
27,279 people reported to have side effects when taking Motrin.
Among them, 1,258 people (4.61%) have Chest discomfort
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Motrin when people have Chest discomfort *:
- < 1 month: 27.42 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.13 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.23 %
- 1 - 2 years: 1.61 %
- 2 - 5 years: 17.74 %
- 5 - 10 years: 6.45 %
- 10+ years: 27.42 %
Gender of people who have Chest discomfort when taking Motrin *:
- female: 68.32 %
- male: 31.68 %
Age of people who have Chest discomfort when taking Motrin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.58 %
- 10-19: 5.67 %
- 20-29: 10.41 %
- 30-39: 15.71 %
- 40-49: 22.68 %
- 50-59: 25.09 %
- 60+: 18.87 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 112 people, 8.90%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 73 people, 5.80%
- Birth Control: 65 people, 5.17%
- Diabetes: 52 people, 4.13%
- Stress And Anxiety: 52 people, 4.13%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vioxx: 222 people, 17.65%
- Tylenol: 163 people, 12.96%
- Yasmin: 127 people, 10.10%
- Vicodin: 124 people, 9.86%
- Prilosec: 123 people, 9.78%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 474 people, 37.68%
- Stress And Anxiety: 294 people, 23.37%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 280 people, 22.26%
- Back Pain: 267 people, 21.22%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 239 people, 19.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Chest discomfort while taking Motrin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Chest discomfort
- Subscribe to monitor Chest discomfort in Motrin
You are not alone:
Motrin has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Motrin 28,347 users)
Chest discomfort has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, asthma, pain (latest reports from 233,713 Chest discomfort patients).
Drugs that are associated with Chest discomfortChest discomfort (3,888 drugs)
Could your condition cause Chest discomfortChest discomfort (4,136 conditions)
Motrin side effects
- Motrin side effects (27,285 reports)
Browse all side effects of Motrina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Moslim MA, Sodeman TC, Nawras AT, "A Case of Suggested Ibuprofen-Induced Acute Pancreatitis", American journal of therapeutics, 2016 Nov .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Gastritis with Phentermine? - now
- Will you have Tenosynovitis with Azor? - now
- Will you have Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder with Ge? - now
- Creatine and Macadamia Oil drug interaction - now
- Will you have Obsessive-Compulsive Neurosis with Ge? - a second ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Keppra, Dilantin - 23 minutes ago
- A study for a 74 year old man who takes Diclofenac, Methimazole, Ramipril, Atorvastatin Calcium - 33 minutes ago
- A study for a 38 year old woman who takes Prazosin Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Cymbalta, Hydroxyzine, Atenolol, Lamictal, Omeprazole, Dexilant - an hour ago
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Armodafinil, Wellbutrin Xl - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 53 year old man who takes Gleevec - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.