Motrin and Lactic acidosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Lactic acidosis is found among people who take Motrin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Motrin and have Lactic acidosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 34,768 people who have side effects when taking Motrin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
34,768 people reported to have side effects when taking Motrin.
Among them, 31 people (0.09%) have Lactic acidosis.
What is Motrin?
Motrin has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 35,957 Motrin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Lactic acidosis?
Lactic acidosis (low ph in body tissues) is found to be associated with 1,767 drugs and 1,201 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Motrin and Lactic acidosis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Lactic acidosis when taking Motrin *:
- female: 54.84 %
- male: 45.16 %
Age of people who have Lactic acidosis when taking Motrin *:
- 0-1: 3.85 %
- 2-9: 23.08 %
- 10-19: 3.85 %
- 20-29: 3.85 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 15.38 %
- 50-59: 11.54 %
- 60+: 38.46 %
Common drugs people take besides Motrin *:
- Metformin: 6 people, 19.35%
- Prograf: 6 people, 19.35%
- Lidex: 6 people, 19.35%
- Kineret: 6 people, 19.35%
- Ilaris: 5 people, 16.13%
- Zantac: 4 people, 12.90%
- Actemra: 4 people, 12.90%
- Valcyte: 4 people, 12.90%
- Ultram: 4 people, 12.90%
- Atarax: 4 people, 12.90%
Common side effects people have besides Lactic acidosis *:
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 12 people, 38.71%
- Abdominal Pain: 10 people, 32.26%
- Tachypnea: 10 people, 32.26%
- Ventricular Fibrillation (abnormally irregular heart rhythm): 10 people, 32.26%
- Anuria (failure of the kidneys to produce urine): 10 people, 32.26%
- Apnea (temporary absence or cessation of breathing): 10 people, 32.26%
- Bleeding Disorders: 9 people, 29.03%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 9 people, 29.03%
- Sedation: 9 people, 29.03%
- Hepatic Failure (liver failure): 9 people, 29.03%
Common conditions people have *:
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 6 people, 19.35%
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (joint inflammation in children due to systemic disease): 6 people, 19.35%
- Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy (an increase in the size of the lymph node follicles): 4 people, 12.90%
- Dermatitis Infected (inflammation of the skin due to infection): 2 people, 6.45%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 3.23%
- Hepatitis C: 1 person, 3.23%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1 person, 3.23%
- Cholangiocarcinoma (a cancer that forms glands or secretes significant amounts of mucins): 1 person, 3.23%
- Constipation: 1 person, 3.23%
- Cytomegalovirus Infection: 1 person, 3.23%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Motrin and have Lactic acidosis?Check whether Lactic acidosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Moslim MA, Sodeman TC, Nawras AT, "A Case of Suggested Ibuprofen-Induced Acute Pancreatitis", American journal of therapeutics, 2016 Nov .
How severe was Lactic acidosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ibuprofen:
- Lactic acidosis and drugs with ingredients of ibuprofen (391 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Motrin:
- Motrin (35,957 reports)
Common Motrin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Motrin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Lactic acidosis treatments and more:
- Lactic acidosis (29,669 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Lactic acidosis:
- Lactic acidosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Lactic acidosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Lactic acidosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Lactic acidosis:
All the drugs that are associated with Lactic acidosis:
- Lactic acidosis (1,767 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Lactic acidosis:
All the conditions that are associated with Lactic acidosis:
- Lactic acidosis (1,201 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ibuprofen (the active ingredients of Motrin) and Motrin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Oxycontin and Periogard drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Sertraline Hydrochloride and Combigan drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Provigil and Bacitracin drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Etoposide and Clonidine drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Taytulla vs. Percocet - 41 seconds ago
- Duphalac and Fluid Retention - 48 seconds ago
- Synthroid and Bedwetting - 49 seconds ago
- Asthma and Hyperkalemia - a minute ago
- Gallbladder Operation and drugs of ingredients of aspirin; meprobamate - a minute ago
- Sancuso and Androgel drug interaction - a minute ago