Movantik and Nausea and vomiting - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 3,353 people who have side effects when taking Movantik. Nausea and vomiting is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Lipitor and have Pain.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Movantik and have Nausea and vomiting. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,353 people reported to have side effects when taking Movantik.
Among them, 193 people (5.76%) have Nausea and vomiting.
What is Movantik?
Movantik has active ingredients of naloxegol oxalate. It is used in constipation. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 3,375 Movantik users.
What is Nausea and vomiting?
Nausea and vomiting is found to be associated with 4,596 drugs and 5,580 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 500,422 people who have Nausea and vomiting.
Number of Movantik and Nausea and vomiting reports submitted per year:
Time on Movantik when people have Nausea and vomiting *:
Gender of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Movantik*:
Age of people who have Nausea and vomiting when taking Movantik *:
Common drugs people take besides Movantik *:
Common side effects people have besides Nausea and vomiting *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Movantik and have Nausea and vomiting?Check whether Nausea and vomiting is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Movantik side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Movantik side effects (3,375 reports)
Nausea and vomiting treatments and more:
- Nausea and vomiting (500,422 reports)
Common drugs associated with Nausea and vomiting:
- Prednisone: 24,189 reports
- Methotrexate: 19,839 reports
- Metformin: 19,509 reports
- Aspirin: 18,957 reports
- Omeprazole: 15,902 reports
- Humira: 15,803 reports
- Pantoprazole: 12,992 reports
- Lisinopril: 11,516 reports
- Amlodipine: 11,394 reports
- Profen: 11,301 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Nausea and vomiting:
- Nausea and vomiting (4,596 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Nausea and vomiting:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 19,441 reports
- High blood pressure: 17,832 reports
- Pain: 17,500 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 16,606 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Nausea and vomiting:
- Nausea and vomiting (5,580 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on naloxegol oxalate (the active ingredients of Movantik) and Movantik (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Naproxen Sodium and Advil Liqui-Gels drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Keppra and Flatulence - 14 seconds ago
- Lonsurf and Basaglar drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Lasix and Neuropathy Peripheral - 47 seconds ago
- Alcohol and Prednisolone Acetate drug interaction - 53 seconds ago
- Lovastatin and Nabumetone drug interaction - 59 seconds ago
- Cefazolin and Azotaemia - a minute ago
- Tenormin and Atrioventricular Block First Degree - 2 minutes ago
- Dextromethorphan Polistirex and Diazepam drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Lasix and Neuropathy - Peripheral - 2 minutes ago