Moxifloxacin and Brain herniation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Brain herniation is reported only by a few people who take Moxifloxacin.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Moxifloxacin and have Brain herniation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,493 people who have side effects while taking Moxifloxacin from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
9,493 people reported to have side effects when taking Moxifloxacin.
Among them, 3 people (0.03%) have Brain herniation.
What is Moxifloxacin?
Moxifloxacin has active ingredients of moxifloxacin. eHealthMe is studying from 9,509 Moxifloxacin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Brain herniation?
Brain herniation (brain herniation is a potentially deadly side effect of very high intracranial pressure that occurs when a part of the brain is squeezed across structures within the skull) is found to be associated with 1,197 drugs and 843 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Moxifloxacin and Brain herniation reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Brain herniation when taking Moxifloxacin *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Brain herniation when taking Moxifloxacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 33.33 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 66.67 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Moxifloxacin *:
- Motrin: 1 person, 33.33%
- Lisinopril: 1 person, 33.33%
- Heparin Sodium: 1 person, 33.33%
- Flovent: 1 person, 33.33%
- Albuterol: 1 person, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Brain herniation *:
- Bronchopulmonary Aspergillosis (lung disorder caused by aspergillus fungi): 2 people, 66.67%
- Cerebral Haemorrhage (bleeding within the brain): 2 people, 66.67%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 33.33%
- Unresponsive To Stimuli: 1 person, 33.33%
- Atelectasis (partial or complete collapse of the lung): 1 person, 33.33%
- Bradycardia (abnormally slow heart action): 1 person, 33.33%
- Cardiac Arrest: 1 person, 33.33%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 1 person, 33.33%
- Cerebellar Haemorrhage (bleeding in cerebeller): 1 person, 33.33%
- Cerebellar Infarction (impaired blood circulation to cerebellum): 1 person, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Tuberculosis (a bacterial infection by mycobacterium tuberculosis): 2 people, 66.67%
- Pneumonia: 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Moxifloxacin and have Brain herniation?Check whether Brain herniation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Brain herniation and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of moxifloxacin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Moxifloxacin:
- Moxifloxacin (9,509 reports)
Common Moxifloxacin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Moxifloxacin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Brain herniation treatments and more:
- Brain herniation (3,394 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Brain herniation:
- Brain herniation in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Brain herniation in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Brain herniation in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Brain herniation:
- Acetaminophen: 125 reports
- Aspirin: 180 reports
- Furosemide: 111 reports
- Heparin: 205 reports
- Methotrexate: 163 reports
- Prednisone: 168 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Brain herniation:
- Brain herniation (1,197 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Brain herniation:
- A-fib: 235 reports
- Atrial fibrillation: 235 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 248 reports
- Atrial flutter: 248 reports
- Auricular fibrillation: 235 reports
- Cva: 119 reports
- Hbp: 101 reports
- Stroke: 113 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Brain herniation:
- Brain herniation (843 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on moxifloxacin (the active ingredients of Moxifloxacin) and Moxifloxacin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cleocin Hydrochloride and Pollakiuria - 3 seconds ago
- Coq10 and Dimethyl Fumarate drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Colace and Bone Density Decreased - 5 seconds ago
- Imitrex and Xenical drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Acyclovir and Peritoneal Haemorrhage - 12 seconds ago
- Flonase and Zydelig drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Advair Hfa and Mouth Ulcers - 30 seconds ago
- Flagyl and Injection Site Reaction - 32 seconds ago
- Colon Cancer and Pleural Effusion - 32 seconds ago
- Methotrexate Sodium and Bursitis - 33 seconds ago