Mucinex dm and Eyelid oedema - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Eyelid oedema is reported only by a few people who take Mucinex Dm.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Mucinex dm and have Eyelid oedema. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,155 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex dm from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,155 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex dm.
Among them, 4 people (0.19%) have Eyelid oedema.
What is Mucinex dm?
Mucinex dm has active ingredients of dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. eHealthMe is studying from 2,842 Mucinex dm users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Eyelid oedema?
Eyelid oedema (eyelids are swollen and contain excessive fluid) is found to be associated with 1,782 drugs and 1,213 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Mucinex dm and Eyelid oedema reports submitted per year:
Time on Mucinex dm when people have Eyelid oedema *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Eyelid oedema when taking Mucinex dm *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Eyelid oedema when taking Mucinex dm *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 25 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Mucinex dm *:
- Claritin: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Eyelid oedema *:
- Vision Blurred: 1 person, 25.00%
- Sinus Congestion (blockage of sinus): 1 person, 25.00%
- Lip Swelling: 1 person, 25.00%
- Lacrimation Increased: 1 person, 25.00%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 1 person, 25.00%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 25.00%
- Feeling Hot: 1 person, 25.00%
- Erythema Of Eyelid (redness of the eyelid): 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Increased Upper Airway Secretion: 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Mucinex dm and have Eyelid oedema?Check whether Eyelid oedema is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Eyelid oedema and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Mucinex dm:
- Mucinex dm (2,842 reports)
Common Mucinex dm side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 249 reports
- Dizziness: 203 reports
- Diarrhea: 194 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 129 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 113 reports
Browse all side effects of Mucinex dm:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Eyelid oedema treatments and more:
- Eyelid oedema (14,809 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Eyelid oedema:
- Eyelid oedema in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Eyelid oedema in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Eyelid oedema in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Eyelid oedema:
- Latisse: 512 reports
- Aspirin: 464 reports
- Ibuprofen: 450 reports
- Ibu: 450 reports
- Botox: 440 reports
- Prednisone: 391 reports
- Botox cosmetic: 318 reports
- Synthroid: 316 reports
- Gleevec: 286 reports
- Omeprazole: 285 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Eyelid oedema:
- Eyelid oedema (1,782 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Eyelid oedema:
- High blood pressure: 677 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 336 reports
- Dry eyes: 317 reports
- Glaucoma: 297 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Eyelid oedema:
- Eyelid oedema (1,213 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dextromethorphan hydrobromide; guaifenesin (the active ingredients of Mucinex dm) and Mucinex dm (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Blincyto and Intestinal Obstruction - now
- Ranitidine and Blood Acid Phosphatase Increased - a second ago
- Drowsiness in Allegra-D 12 Hour, how severe and when it was recovered? - 8 seconds ago
- Symlin and Lisinopril drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Blood Triglycerides Decreased - 12 seconds ago
- Albuterol and Curvature Of The Penis - 17 seconds ago
- Alprazolam and Ocular Discomfort - 17 seconds ago
- Magnesium Oxide vs. Stadol - 18 seconds ago
- Sertraline and Lens Disorder - 19 seconds ago
- Piperacillin And Tazobactam and Infected Dermal Cyst - 26 seconds ago