Mucinex and Indigestion - from FDA reports
Indigestion is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lexapro, and have Metastatic neoplasm. This review analyzes which people have Indigestion with Mucinex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,697 people who have side effects when taking Mucinex from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
11,697 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex.
Among them, 115 people (0.98%) have Indigestion
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Mucinex when people have Indigestion *:
- < 1 month: 88.89 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.11 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Indigestion when taking Mucinex *:
- female: 70.91 %
- male: 29.09 %
Age of people who have Indigestion when taking Mucinex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 5.13 %
- 30-39: 5.13 %
- 40-49: 10.26 %
- 50-59: 21.79 %
- 60+: 57.69 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastatic Neoplasm (14 people, 12.17%)
- Hypersensitivity (13 people, 11.30%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (13 people, 11.30%)
- Multiple Myeloma (10 people, 8.70%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (8 people, 6.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lexapro (28 people, 24.35%)
- Aspirin (25 people, 21.74%)
- Zyrtec (22 people, 19.13%)
- Nexium (22 people, 19.13%)
- Lasix (22 people, 19.13%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (35 people, 30.43%)
- Rashes (31 people, 26.96%)
- Pain (31 people, 26.96%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (31 people, 26.96%)
- Fatigue (31 people, 26.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Indigestion when taking Mucinex?
- Check symptoms - is indigestion caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsIndigestion and drugs with ingredients of guaifenesin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeIndigestion and Mucinex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 13,080 users)
Indigestion has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 86,783 Indigestion patients).
Browse all side effects of Mucinexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with IndigestionIndigestion
Could your condition cause IndigestionIndigestion
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I get shivering with fever every now and then. Even now. Sometimes only shivering or sometimes both. My physician gives an antibiotic and gets cured. But again , it comes back. Next I have constipation, food doesn't get digested by itself at all without medicine and also no proper absorption. ...
I have had a total of 4 doses of Mucinex due to a bad cold and cough. I started having an issue swallowing which really concerned me. Took a drink of water to make sure my throat wasn't closing up and was ok.. But after taking my last dose (every 4 hour dose) and started having trouble ...