Mucinex and Macular hole - from FDA reports
Macular hole is reported only by a few people who take Mucinex. We study 14,682 people who have side effects while taking Mucinex from FDA. Among them, 1 have Macular hole. Find out below who they are, when they have Macular hole and more.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
14,682 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex.
Among them, 1 person (0.01%) has Macular hole
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Macular hole when taking Mucinex *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Macular hole when taking Mucinex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin E: 1 person, 100.00%
- Veramyst: 1 person, 100.00%
- Singulair: 1 person, 100.00%
- Boniva: 1 person, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Macular hole while taking Mucinex?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Macular hole
- Subscribe to monitor Macular hole in Mucinex
You are not alone:
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 16,069 users)
Macular hole (small break in the macula, the central area of the retina) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, vitreous adhesions, age-related macular degeneration (latest reports from 1,075 Macular hole patients).
Drugs that are associated with Macular holeMacular hole (554 drugs)
Could your condition cause Macular holeMacular hole (359 conditions)
Mucinex side effects
- Mucinex side effects (14,686 reports)
Browse all side effects of Mucinexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
- Ibuprofen and Hallfoot drug interaction
- Will you have Skin Hypopigmentation with Alopecia?
- Will you have Encephalitis Viral with Keppra?
- Will you have Erythema Multiforme with Hepatitis C?
- Will you have Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis with Hepatitis C?
- Will you have Auditory Meatus External Erosion with Lamictal?
- Will you have Stevens-Johnson Syndrome with Hepatitis C?
- Will you have Sjs with Hepatitis C?
- Will you have Lyell'S Syndrome with Hepatitis C?
- Will you have Stevens Johnson Syndrome with Hepatitis C?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.