Mucinex and Pneumonia - from FDA reports
Pneumonia is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. This review analyzes which people have Pneumonia with Mucinex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,697 people who have side effects when taking Mucinex from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
11,697 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex.
Among them, 753 people (6.44%) have Pneumonia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Mucinex when people have Pneumonia *:
- < 1 month: 85 %
- 1 - 6 months: 5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pneumonia when taking Mucinex *:
- female: 58.03 %
- male: 41.97 %
Age of people who have Pneumonia when taking Mucinex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.33 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.0 %
- 30-39: 4.01 %
- 40-49: 5.69 %
- 50-59: 21.4 %
- 60+: 67.56 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (115 people, 15.27%)
- Multiple Myeloma (76 people, 10.09%)
- Pain (70 people, 9.30%)
- Osteoporosis (62 people, 8.23%)
- Depression (47 people, 6.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (191 people, 25.37%)
- Spiriva (171 people, 22.71%)
- Aspirin (155 people, 20.58%)
- Albuterol (130 people, 17.26%)
- Protonix (127 people, 16.87%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (223 people, 29.61%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (183 people, 24.30%)
- Pain (155 people, 20.58%)
- Stress And Anxiety (151 people, 20.05%)
- Weakness (142 people, 18.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Pneumonia when taking Mucinex?
- Check symptoms - is pneumonia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPneumonia and drugs with ingredients of guaifenesin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePneumonia and Mucinex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Mucinex 13,080 users)
Pneumonia has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis (latest reports from 194,442 Pneumonia patients).
Browse all side effects of Mucinexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with PneumoniaPneumonia
Could your condition cause PneumoniaPneumonia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Recently had shoulder surgery with pain block.during recovery it was noticed my diaphram was paralyzed, I ended up in ICU with tubes in for oxygen. I had high triponin (4) ct showed fluid in lower lung pneumonia was diagnosed.i was told pneumonia caused elevated triponin by one dr.Yet I'm ...
Im a 35 year old male. I've been prescribed suboxone and in an outpatient drug treatment program for two plus years. I've never had Pneumonia in my life up until two years ago. My first experience with Pneumonia almost killed me. I ended up having surgery and hospitalized for about a month. Then ...