Mucinex and Swollen tongue - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Swollen tongue is found among people who take Mucinex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Mucinex and have Swollen tongue. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22,154 people who have side effects when taking Mucinex from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
22,154 people reported to have side effects when taking Mucinex.
Among them, 92 people (0.42%) have Swollen tongue.
What is Mucinex?
Mucinex has active ingredients of guaifenesin. It is often used in cough. eHealthMe is studying from 23,687 Mucinex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Swollen tongue?
Swollen tongue (swelling of tongue) is found to be associated with 2,046 drugs and 1,569 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Mucinex and Swollen tongue reports submitted per year:
Time on Mucinex when people have Swollen tongue *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Swollen tongue when taking Mucinex *:
- female: 73.33 %
- male: 26.67 %
Age of people who have Swollen tongue when taking Mucinex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.06 %
- 20-29: 1.27 %
- 30-39: 10.13 %
- 40-49: 8.86 %
- 50-59: 34.18 %
- 60+: 40.51 %
Common drugs people take besides Mucinex *:
- Nexium: 13 people, 14.13%
- Prilosec: 13 people, 14.13%
- Aspirin: 11 people, 11.96%
- Zometa: 11 people, 11.96%
- Premarin: 10 people, 10.87%
- Metronidazole: 10 people, 10.87%
- Vicodin: 10 people, 10.87%
- Singulair: 9 people, 9.78%
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 9 people, 9.78%
- Guaifenesin: 9 people, 9.78%
Common side effects people have besides Swollen tongue *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 23 people, 25.00%
- Rashes (redness): 19 people, 20.65%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 18 people, 19.57%
- Stress And Anxiety: 17 people, 18.48%
- Diarrhea: 13 people, 14.13%
- Pain: 12 people, 13.04%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 12 people, 13.04%
- Nasal Discharge (discharge from nose): 12 people, 13.04%
- Asthma: 12 people, 13.04%
- Weakness: 11 people, 11.96%
Common conditions people have *:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 9 people, 9.78%
- High Blood Pressure: 6 people, 6.52%
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 4 people, 4.35%
- Asthma: 4 people, 4.35%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 4 people, 4.35%
- Sleep Disorder: 4 people, 4.35%
- Productive Cough: 4 people, 4.35%
- Bone Neoplasm Malignant (cancer of bone): 3 people, 3.26%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 3 people, 3.26%
- Pain: 3 people, 3.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Mucinex and have Swollen tongue?Check whether Swollen tongue is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Mucinex:
- Mucinex (23,687 reports)
Swollen tongue treatments and more:
- Swollen tongue (28,232 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Swollen tongue:
- Swollen tongue in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Swollen tongue in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Swollen tongue in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Swollen tongue and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of guaifenesin:
- Swollen tongue and drugs with ingredients of guaifenesin (109 reports)
Common drugs associated with Swollen tongue:
All the drugs that are associated with Swollen tongue:
- Swollen tongue (2,046 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Swollen tongue:
All the conditions that are associated with Swollen tongue:
- Swollen tongue (1,569 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on guaifenesin (the active ingredients of Mucinex) and Mucinex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Aromasin and Pneumonia - now
- Acetaminophen and Bone Marrow Toxicity - 4 seconds ago
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Beta 2 Microglobulin Increased - 5 seconds ago
- Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide and Haematuria - 22 seconds ago
- Coronary Artery Occlusion and moderna covid vaccine - 28 seconds ago