Naproxen and Bacteremic shock - from FDA reports
Bacteremic shock is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Bacteremic shock with Naproxen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 40,228 people who have side effects when taking Naproxen from FDA , and is updated regularly.
40,228 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen.
Among them, 138 people (0.34%) have Bacteremic shock
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Naproxen when people have Bacteremic shock *:
- < 1 month: 40.91 %
- 1 - 6 months: 9.09 %
- 6 - 12 months: 27.27 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.09 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 13.64 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bacteremic shock when taking Naproxen *:
- female: 59.4 %
- male: 40.6 %
Age of people who have Bacteremic shock when taking Naproxen *:
- 0-1: 5.31 %
- 2-9: 7.96 %
- 10-19: 9.73 %
- 20-29: 0.88 %
- 30-39: 8.85 %
- 40-49: 10.62 %
- 50-59: 15.93 %
- 60+: 40.71 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 33 people, 23.91%
- High Blood Pressure: 20 people, 14.49%
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (joint inflammation in children due to systemic disease): 19 people, 13.77%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 13 people, 9.42%
- Preventive Health Care: 13 people, 9.42%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 33 people, 23.91%
- Methotrexate: 21 people, 15.22%
- Ativan: 19 people, 13.77%
- Triamcinolone: 18 people, 13.04%
- Lasix: 17 people, 12.32%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 55 people, 39.86%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 50 people, 36.23%
- Diarrhea: 49 people, 35.51%
- Adrenal Insufficiency (condition in which the adrenal glands do not produce adequate amounts of steroids): 38 people, 27.54%
- Respiratory Acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease): 36 people, 26.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Naproxen and have Bacteremic shock?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Bacteremic shock
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Naproxen 42,784 users)
Bacteremic shock (septic shock caused by the release of toxins by bacteria) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, preventive health care, pain (latest reports from 24,741 Bacteremic shock patients).
Drugs that are associated with Bacteremic shockBacteremic shock (2,266 drugs)
Could your condition cause Bacteremic shockBacteremic shock (2,353 conditions)
Naproxen side effects
- Naproxen side effects (40,250 reports)
Browse all side effects of Naproxena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Naproxen and have Bacteremic Shock
- Support group for people who have Bacteremic Shock
- Support group for people who take Naproxen
Can you answer these questions
- I was given a prescription of naproxen as the doctor suspected arthritis. I have been taking it for a couple of days and have noticed my skin has gotten worse. I was wondering if it is naproxen side effects or if it is just hormonal as I am only 16.
- I've for a few months now had hard round stools sometime like grapes and this all started when I started on Naproxen and Tylenol for a neck injury. All comments appreciated
- how can one leg and toes be freezing cold and the other leg be hot and swollen
- A friend of mine took methamphedamine and naproxen will there be any side effects
You may be interested in these posts
- My mother has a prolapsed disc and taken naproxen for pain for the last month .She is now expreiencing palpitations what other painkillers can she take as naproxen ibuprofen seem to aggravate.
- I have been taking Naproxen for 2 months and I am very depressed and suffering from anxiety , I was fine before taking this medication . I have trouble falling asleep yet trouble waking up . I have decided the back pain is better than the way I am feeling . I don’t have a good dr and not once...
- Have recently been prescribed Naproxen even though I’m taking 2 x 100mg Celebrex twice a day - this is for acute lower back muscle spasms following nerve damage. Just double checking that these drugs are safe to use together even though I take them at different times of the day.
- Hi all , been taking these two after ankle surgery for about 12 days now , and back pain and nausea already reared their heads ....don't feel I need the naproxen so much anyway , should I just stop taking it ?
- Lying here,4.45 in the morning,slept 2 hrs, I'm anxious feeling sick and not my self, recovering from surgery 6 days ago for plate and pins into broken shoulder. Something not right usually a great sleeper although not since the break, managing on paracetamol and also naproxen, googled insomnia...
- Will you have Closed Angle Glaucoma with Uncaria Guianensis?
- Will you have Motormental Retardation with Hydrochlorothiazide?
- Will you have Retardation - Motormental with Hydrochlorothiazide?
- Will you have Delayed Motor And Mental Development with Hydrochlorothiazide?
- Diclofenac Sodium and Cafe Do Mato drug interaction
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Uncaria Guianensis and have Closed Angle Glaucoma?
- Support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Motormental Retardation?
- Support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Retardation - Motormental?
- Support group for people who take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Delayed Motor And Mental Development?
- Support group for people who take Diclofenac Sodium and Cafe Do Mato
- What to expect when you take Uncaria Guianensis and have Closed Angle Glaucoma?
- What to expect when you take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Motormental Retardation?
- What to expect when you take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Retardation - Motormental?
- What to expect when you take Hydrochlorothiazide and have Delayed Motor And Mental Development?
- What to expect when you take Diclofenac Sodium and Cafe Do Mato
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.