Naproxen and Bacterial labyrinthitis - from FDA reports
Bacterial labyrinthitis is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Simvastatin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Bacterial labyrinthitis with Naproxen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 40,228 people who have side effects when taking Naproxen from FDA , and is updated regularly.
40,228 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen.
Among them, 22 people (0.05%) have Bacterial labyrinthitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Bacterial labyrinthitis when taking Naproxen *:
- female: 59.09 %
- male: 40.91 %
Age of people who have Bacterial labyrinthitis when taking Naproxen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 6.25 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 6.25 %
- 50-59: 31.25 %
- 60+: 56.25 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 8 people, 36.36%
- Back Pain: 4 people, 18.18%
- Sleep Disorder: 3 people, 13.64%
- Mental Disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability): 3 people, 13.64%
- Antiinflammatory Therapy: 3 people, 13.64%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Simvastatin: 8 people, 36.36%
- Meclizine: 6 people, 27.27%
- Furosemide: 5 people, 22.73%
- Clonazepam: 5 people, 22.73%
- Aspirin: 5 people, 22.73%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cough: 10 people, 45.45%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 9 people, 40.91%
- Chest Pain: 9 people, 40.91%
- Fall: 8 people, 36.36%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 8 people, 36.36%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Naproxen and have Bacterial labyrinthitis?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Bacterial labyrinthitis
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Naproxen 42,784 users)
Bacterial labyrinthitis (inflammation of the inner ear caused bacterial infection) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 2,403 Bacterial labyrinthitis patients).
Drugs that are associated with Bacterial labyrinthitisBacterial labyrinthitis (950 drugs)
Could your condition cause Bacterial labyrinthitisBacterial labyrinthitis (746 conditions)
Naproxen side effects
- Naproxen side effects (40,250 reports)
Browse all side effects of Naproxena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Naproxen and have Bacterial Labyrinthitis
- Support group for people who have Bacterial Labyrinthitis
- Support group for people who take Naproxen
Can you answer these questions
- Hello I'm taking Metformin 500mg SR which seems to cause serious labyrinthitis. Although this is annoying, will this have any serious health consequences long term?
- I was given a prescription of naproxen as the doctor suspected arthritis. I have been taking it for a couple of days and have noticed my skin has gotten worse. I was wondering if it is naproxen side effects or if it is just hormonal as I am only 16.
- I've for a few months now had hard round stools sometime like grapes and this all started when I started on Naproxen and Tylenol for a neck injury. All comments appreciated
- How do you cope with symptoms for full time job
- how can one leg and toes be freezing cold and the other leg be hot and swollen
You may be interested in these posts
- My mother has a prolapsed disc and taken naproxen for pain for the last month .She is now expreiencing palpitations what other painkillers can she take as naproxen ibuprofen seem to aggravate.
- I have been taking Naproxen for 2 months and I am very depressed and suffering from anxiety , I was fine before taking this medication . I have trouble falling asleep yet trouble waking up . I have decided the back pain is better than the way I am feeling . I don’t have a good dr and not once...
- Have recently been prescribed Naproxen even though I’m taking 2 x 100mg Celebrex twice a day - this is for acute lower back muscle spasms following nerve damage. Just double checking that these drugs are safe to use together even though I take them at different times of the day.
- Hi all , been taking these two after ankle surgery for about 12 days now , and back pain and nausea already reared their heads ....don't feel I need the naproxen so much anyway , should I just stop taking it ?
- Lying here,4.45 in the morning,slept 2 hrs, I'm anxious feeling sick and not my self, recovering from surgery 6 days ago for plate and pins into broken shoulder. Something not right usually a great sleeper although not since the break, managing on paracetamol and also naproxen, googled insomnia...
- Doxepin Hydrochloride and Levothyroxine Sodium drug interaction
- Fish Oil and Lactalbumin Hydrolysate drug interaction
- Will you have Pancreatitis with Aldactone?
- Mirena and Flonase drug interaction
- Will you have Cortical Laminar Necrosis with Tiazac?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Doxepin Hydrochloride and Levothyroxine Sodium
- Support group for people who take Fish Oil and Lactalbumin Hydrolysate
- Support group for people who take Aldactone and have Pancreatitis?
- Support group for people who take Mirena and Flonase
- Support group for people who take Tiazac and have Cortical Laminar Necrosis?
- What to expect when you take Doxepin Hydrochloride and Levothyroxine Sodium
- What to expect when you take Fish Oil and Lactalbumin Hydrolysate
- What to expect when you take Aldactone and have Pancreatitis?
- What to expect when you take Mirena and Flonase
- What to expect when you take Tiazac and have Cortical Laminar Necrosis?
- A study for a 91 year old man who takes Gabapentin
- A study for a 91 year old man who takes Gabapentin
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Gabapentin
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Lopurin, Zestril, Aspirin
- A study for a 62 year old man who takes Isosorbide Mononitrate, Coreg, Apresoline
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.