Naproxen and Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Naproxen and have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 62,855 people who have side effects when taking Naproxen from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
62,855 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen.
Among them, 399 people (0.63%) have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
What is Naproxen?
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 57,630 Naproxen users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (chronic lung disease) is found to be associated with 2,466 drugs and 2,161 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Naproxen and Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis reports submitted per year:
Time on Naproxen when people have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis *:
Gender of people who have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis when taking Naproxen*:
Age of people who have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis when taking Naproxen *:
Common drugs people take besides Naproxen *:
Common side effects people have besides Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Naproxen and have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?Check whether Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of naproxen:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Naproxen:
- Naproxen (57,630 reports)
Common Naproxen side effects:
- Pain: 5,262 reports
- Drug ineffective: 4,405 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,061 reports
- Joint pain: 3,463 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 3,226 reports
- Diarrhea: 2,909 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,902 reports
- Rashes (redness): 2,752 reports
Browse all side effects of Naproxen:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatments and more:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (68,090 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Methotrexate: 3,515 reports
- Prednisone: 2,846 reports
- Enbrel: 2,030 reports
- Humira: 1,994 reports
- Ofev: 1,513 reports
- Pantoprazole: 1,300 reports
- Remicade: 1,267 reports
- Actemra: 1,143 reports
- Leflunomide: 1,137 reports
- Plaquenil: 1,108 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (2,466 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 4,403 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 1,072 reports
- High blood pressure: 931 reports
- Osteoporosis: 667 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 649 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (2,161 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on naproxen (the active ingredients of Naproxen) and Naproxen (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Naproxen and Keppra Xr drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Phenazopyridine Hcl and Plan B drug interaction - 52 seconds ago
- Nicotine Polacrilex and Crestor drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Simvastatin and Synercid drug interaction - a minute ago
- How effective is Flomax for Urinary Retention? - a minute ago
- Jardiance and Thirst - a minute ago
- Lisinopril and Pneumonia - a minute ago
- Gastric Cancer and Mucosal Ulceration - a minute ago
- Burning Sensation and drugs of ingredients of nebivolol hydrochloride - a minute ago
- Nexium and Arrhythmias - a minute ago