Naproxen and Weakness - from FDA reports
Weakness is found among people who take Naproxen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Weakness with Naproxen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 40,228 people who have side effects when taking Naproxen from FDA, and is updated regularly.
40,228 people reported to have side effects when taking Naproxen.
Among them, 1,772 people (4.4%) have Weakness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Naproxen when people have Weakness *:
- < 1 month: 49.47 %
- 1 - 6 months: 26.32 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.16 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10.53 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.42 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.11 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Weakness when taking Naproxen *:
- female: 64.37 %
- male: 35.63 %
Age of people who have Weakness when taking Naproxen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.27 %
- 10-19: 1.8 %
- 20-29: 4.39 %
- 30-39: 8.98 %
- 40-49: 15.43 %
- 50-59: 26.0 %
- 60+: 43.15 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 161 people, 9.09%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 129 people, 7.28%
- High Blood Pressure: 112 people, 6.32%
- Depression: 79 people, 4.46%
- Stress And Anxiety: 74 people, 4.18%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 180 people, 10.16%
- Neurontin: 178 people, 10.05%
- Prednisone: 167 people, 9.42%
- Nexium: 160 people, 9.03%
- Lipitor: 159 people, 8.97%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 518 people, 29.23%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 426 people, 24.04%
- Breathing Difficulty: 348 people, 19.64%
- Dizziness: 336 people, 18.96%
- Headache (pain in head): 313 people, 17.66%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
You could also:
- Personalize and monitor this study
- Volunteer or get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
Naproxen has active ingredients of naproxen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Naproxen 42,784 users)
Weakness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 303,653 Weakness patients).
Drugs that are associated with WeaknessWeakness (3,114 drugs)
Could your condition cause WeaknessWeakness (5,084 conditions)
Naproxen side effects
- Naproxen side effects (40,250 reports)
Browse all side effects of Naproxena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Naproxen and have Weakness
- Support group for people who have Weakness
- Support group for people who take Naproxen
You may be interested in these posts
- Major muscle weakness since starting furosemide. Now using a walker
- Hello, my name is Dick (Richard). I started taking Furosemide daily about a year ago after I was diagnosed with A Fib. I slowly noticed a weakness in my legs where I would fall from the weakness. The weakness went to my lower back and my upper body. The doctors can not find anything. I just...
- Hello my name is Dee My 90 yr old mom had knee pain and took ex strength Tylenol 2-3 times a day for 7 days 9she never takes anything and has probably had a couple Tylenol a couple of times a decade ago) she has experienced debilitating muscle weakness. I googled Tylenol and Muscle Weakness...
- I have been on Plavix for almost one month. I have muscle weakness and aching from my hips to my knees. It's not all the time. I do have good days without symptoms. Does anyone have a solution. I've always been an active person but this has limited my ability to move!
- Hi, I only take naproxen when in severe pain from osteoarthritis. I have only taken 1 recently and experiencing on going nausea and indigestion. I was previously prescribed arthritic, but had to change due to medication for high blood pressure.
- Will you have Spitting Up Blood with Flonase?
- Will you have Head Trauma with Paxil?
- Will you have Blood Creatine Increased with Zoloft?
- Will you have Fatigue with Advair Diskus 250/50?
- Will you have Seizure with Fluconazole?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Flonase and have Spitting Up Blood?
- Support group for people who take Paxil and have Head Trauma?
- Support group for people who take Zoloft and have Blood Creatine Increased?
- Support group for people who take Advair Diskus 250/50 and have Fatigue?
- Support group for people who take Fluconazole and have Seizure?
- Hello is there anyone out there that take these two medications?
- Hi, Any problems taking grapefruit seed extract and lisinopril?
- Hi, Judith here! Any problems taking grapefruit seed extract and lisinopril?
- Hi my name is Adeline and I have ra and been on xeljanz for one week went swimming and can't get...
- I'm misty and have been suffering from Erythema-Nodosum for about 6 years and I feel like I am...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.