Nasonex and Folliculitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 30,212 people who have side effects when taking Nasonex. Folliculitis is found, especially among people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take Remicade and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nasonex and have Folliculitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
30,212 people reported to have side effects when taking Nasonex.
Among them, 34 people (0.11%) have Folliculitis.
What is Nasonex?
Nasonex has active ingredients of mometasone furoate monohydrate. It is used in allergies. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 31,332 Nasonex users.
What is Folliculitis?
Folliculitis (infection of hair root) is found to be associated with 1,520 drugs and 1,016 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 9,284 people who have Folliculitis.
Number of Nasonex and Folliculitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Nasonex when people have Folliculitis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 100 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Folliculitis when taking Nasonex *:
- female: 84 %
- male: 16 %
Age of people who have Folliculitis when taking Nasonex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50.0 %
- 50-59: 45.83 %
- 60+: 4.17 %
Common drugs people take besides Nasonex *:
- Remicade: 25 people, 73.53%
- Rituxan: 10 people, 29.41%
- Methotrexate: 8 people, 23.53%
- Acetaminophen: 7 people, 20.59%
- Folic Acid: 7 people, 20.59%
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride: 7 people, 20.59%
- Omeprazole: 7 people, 20.59%
- Methylprednisolone: 6 people, 17.65%
- Tramadol: 5 people, 14.71%
- Hydromorphone Hydrochloride: 5 people, 14.71%
Common side effects people have besides Folliculitis *:
- Rashes (redness): 28 people, 82.35%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 27 people, 79.41%
- Chest Pain: 27 people, 79.41%
- Headache (pain in head): 26 people, 76.47%
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 26 people, 76.47%
- Back Pain: 26 people, 76.47%
- Diarrhea: 26 people, 76.47%
- Pain In Extremity: 26 people, 76.47%
- Head Injury: 26 people, 76.47%
- Ligament Rupture (tear in ligament): 25 people, 73.53%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 24 people, 70.59%
- Joint Pain: 17 people, 50.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 2.94%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 2.94%
- Depression: 1 person, 2.94%
- Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears): 1 person, 2.94%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 1 person, 2.94%
- Haemorrhagic Anaemia (anaemia due to excessive bleeding): 1 person, 2.94%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 2.94%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 2.94%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nasonex and have Folliculitis?Check whether Folliculitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Nasonex side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Nasonex side effects (31,332 reports)
Folliculitis treatments and more:
- Folliculitis (9,284 reports)
Common drugs associated with Folliculitis:
- Enbrel: 2,756 reports
- Cimzia: 2,696 reports
- Simponi: 2,651 reports
- Actemra: 2,651 reports
- Orencia: 2,571 reports
- Oxycodone: 2,443 reports
- Pantoprazole: 2,431 reports
- Leflunomide: 2,403 reports
- Profen: 2,371 reports
- Ibuprofen: 2,371 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Folliculitis:
- Folliculitis (1,520 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Folliculitis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,245 reports
- Psoriasis: 624 reports
- Crohn's disease: 431 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 234 reports
- Pain: 213 reports
- Ankylosing spondylitis: 184 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Folliculitis:
- Folliculitis (1,016 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on mometasone furoate monohydrate (the active ingredients of Nasonex) and Nasonex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Provigil and Echinacea Purpurea drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Mycostatin and Prezista drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Gliclazide and Vancomycin Hcl drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Zanaflex and Zosyn drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Lotrimin and Metolazone drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Adderall 10 and Flexeril drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Lysine and Lactobacillus drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Cannabis and Minipress drug interaction - 40 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Asacol Hd drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Clindamycin Hydrochloride and Urinary Tract Infection - 45 seconds ago