Neoral and Acute psychosis - from FDA reports
Acute psychosis is found among people who take Neoral, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Major depression. This review analyzes which people have Acute psychosis with Neoral. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,409 people who have side effects when taking Neoral from FDA, and is updated regularly.
17,409 people reported to have side effects when taking Neoral.
Among them, 28 people (0.16%) have Acute psychosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Neoral when people have Acute psychosis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Neoral *:
- female: 80.77 %
- male: 19.23 %
Age of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Neoral *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 77.27 %
- 40-49: 4.55 %
- 50-59: 9.09 %
- 60+: 9.09 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Major Depression (a mood state that goes well beyond temporarily feeling sad or blue. it is a serious medical illness that affects one's thoughts, feelings): 2 people, 7.14%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate: 19 people, 67.86%
- Simulect: 2 people, 7.14%
- Sertraline: 2 people, 7.14%
- Tacrolimus: 1 person, 3.57%
- Sirolimus: 1 person, 3.57%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 19 people, 67.86%
- Blood Magnesium Decreased: 19 people, 67.86%
- Delirium (wild excitement): 19 people, 67.86%
- Maternal Exposure During Pregnancy (use of substance during pregnancy): 4 people, 14.29%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 3 people, 10.71%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Acute psychosis in Neoral
- Subscribe to monitor Neoral
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Acute psychosis
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Neoral has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in psoriasis. (latest outcomes from Neoral 17,517 users)
Acute psychosis (period of mentally unstable behaviour) has been reported by people with depression, schizophrenia, pain, psychotic disorder, hiv infection (latest reports from 2,161 Acute psychosis patients).
Drugs that are associated with Acute psychosisAcute psychosis (649 drugs)
Could your condition cause Acute psychosisAcute psychosis (382 conditions)
Neoral side effects
- Neoral side effects (17,415 reports)
Browse all side effects of Neorala b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Loebl T, Raskin S, "A novel case report: acute manic psychotic episode after treatment with niacin", The Journal of neuropsychiatry and clinical neurosciences, 2013 Jan .
- O’Brien FE, O’Connor RM, Clarke G, Donovan MD, Dinan TG, Griffin BT, Cryan JF, "The P-glycoprotein inhibitor cyclosporin A differentially influences behavioural and neurochemical responses to the antidepressant escitalopram", Behavioural brain research, 2014 Mar .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Neoral and have Acute Psychosis
- Support group for people who have Acute Psychosis
- Support group for people who take Neoral
You may be interested in these posts
- My 11 year old granddaughter took benadryl and her brain is "off the wall." She is hallucinating and is suffering from paranoia. Everything I read tho seems to rule the benadryl out because she is so young.
- ADHD, recent diagnosis of BIpolar disorder. No medication other than coffee. Fluconazole and coffee definitely feels like it has psychoactive impact. Never felt like this before. No other changes to diet or routine. Lots of headaches. Definitely feels like it’s impacted my mood.
- I had an acute psychotic episode after having lidocaine injected through my urethra into my bladder and having taken Norco an hour earlier for a procedure on my prostate. I was in terror and we had to ckinto ER - we did not do the procedure. Has anyone had similar reaction and is there a way to...
- I am searching for answers after my 90 year old mother had acute onset of psychosis while using Reishi.
- I am joining this group as I am worried that my daughter is suffering from some kind of psychosis or paranoia, she started taking sulphasalazine shortly after the birth of her daughter 2 years ago. I have come across a few things online about this drug and psychosis so need to know more . Thank...
- Will you have Localised Oedema with Prednisone?
- Will you have Skin Rash with Lyrica?
- What to expect when you take Xyzal and have Erythema Multiforme?
- Will you have Dyspnoea Exertional with Evoxac?
- Will you have Amnesia with Vyvanse?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Prednisone and have Localised Oedema?
- Support group for people who take Lyrica and have Skin Rash?
- Support group for people who take Evoxac and have Dyspnoea Exertional?
- Support group for people who take Vyvanse and have Amnesia?
- Support group for people who take Norvasc and have Erectile Dysfunction?
- I woke up with laryngitis which progressed to bronchitis. It took weeks for me to recover however...
- Hi. I’m a 33 year old woman and recently started taking singulair for allergies under my doctors...
- My name is Fred and I am having increased depression and anxiety since being put on Cellcept. I was...
- I am taking Premarin for 25 years Two years ago developed angiodema
- Hi, my name is Diane. Has anyone had severe loss from this. I have two copies of the gene. Seeking...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.