Neoral and Acute psychosis - from FDA reports
Acute psychosis is found among people who take Neoral, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Major depression. This review analyzes which people have Acute psychosis with Neoral. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,409 people who have side effects when taking Neoral from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 21, 2018
17,409 people reported to have side effects when taking Neoral.
Among them, 28 people (0.16%) have Acute psychosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Neoral when people have Acute psychosis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Neoral *:
- female: 80.77 %
- male: 19.23 %
Age of people who have Acute psychosis when taking Neoral *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 77.27 %
- 40-49: 4.55 %
- 50-59: 9.09 %
- 60+: 9.09 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Major Depression (2 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (19 people, 67.86%)
- Simulect (2 people, 7.14%)
- Sertraline (2 people, 7.14%)
- Tacrolimus (1 person, 3.57%)
- Remicade (1 person, 3.57%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (19 people, 67.86%)
- Delirium (19 people, 67.86%)
- Blood Magnesium Decreased (19 people, 67.86%)
- Maternal Exposure During Pregnancy (4 people, 14.29%)
- Agitation (3 people, 10.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Acute psychosis when taking Neoral?
- Check symptoms - is acute psychosis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAcute psychosis and drugs with ingredients of cyclosporine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAcute psychosis and Neoral from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Neoral has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in psoriasis. (latest outcomes from Neoral 17,517 users)
Acute psychosis (period of mentally unstable behaviour) has been reported by people with depression, schizophrenia, pain, psychotic disorder, hiv infection (latest reports from 2,161 Acute psychosis patients).
Browse all side effects of Neorala b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Acute psychosisAcute psychosis
Could your condition cause Acute psychosisAcute psychosis
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Loebl T, Raskin S, "A novel case report: acute manic psychotic episode after treatment with niacin", The Journal of neuropsychiatry and clinical neurosciences, 2013 Jan .
- O’Brien FE, O’Connor RM, Clarke G, Donovan MD, Dinan TG, Griffin BT, Cryan JF, "The P-glycoprotein inhibitor cyclosporin A differentially influences behavioural and neurochemical responses to the antidepressant escitalopram", Behavioural brain research, 2014 Mar .
What would happen?
User posts to the study
I am joining this group as I am worried that my daughter is suffering from some kind of psychosis or paranoia, she started taking sulphasalazine shortly after the birth of her daughter 2 years ago. I have come across a few things online about this drug and psychosis so need to know more . Thank ...