Neoral and Bladder pain - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Bladder pain is reported only by a few people who take Neoral.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Neoral and have Bladder pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 24,669 people who have side effects while taking Neoral from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
24,669 people reported to have side effects when taking Neoral.
Among them, 5 people (0.02%) have Bladder pain.
What is Neoral?
Neoral has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in psoriasis. eHealthMe is studying from 24,783 Neoral users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Bladder pain?
Bladder pain is found to be associated with 1,001 drugs and 542 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Neoral and Bladder pain reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Bladder pain when taking Neoral *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Bladder pain when taking Neoral *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 80 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Neoral *:
- Mycophenolate Mofetil: 4 people, 80.00%
- Myfortic: 3 people, 60.00%
- Xolair: 1 person, 20.00%
- Singulair: 1 person, 20.00%
- Prednisone: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cymbalta: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Bladder pain *:
- Urinary Tract Infection: 5 people, 100.00%
- Bacteraemia (presence of bacteria in the blood): 4 people, 80.00%
- Graft Complication: 4 people, 80.00%
- Fever: 4 people, 80.00%
- Chills (felling of cold): 4 people, 80.00%
- Escherichia Infection (bacterial infection by escherichia coli): 4 people, 80.00%
- Back Pain: 4 people, 80.00%
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 4 people, 80.00%
- Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis): 4 people, 80.00%
- Inflammation: 3 people, 60.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Neoral and have Bladder pain?Check whether Bladder pain is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- O’Brien FE, O’Connor RM, Clarke G, Donovan MD, Dinan TG, Griffin BT, Cryan JF, "The P-glycoprotein inhibitor cyclosporin A differentially influences behavioural and neurochemical responses to the antidepressant escitalopram", Behavioural brain research, 2014 Mar .
How severe was Bladder pain and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cyclosporine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Neoral:
- Neoral (24,783 reports)
Common Neoral side effects:
- Fever: 2,113 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,975 reports
- Pneumonia: 1,621 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 1,098 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,060 reports
- Diarrhea: 949 reports
Browse all side effects of Neoral:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Bladder pain treatments and more:
- Bladder pain (4,071 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Bladder pain:
- Bladder pain in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Bladder pain in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Bladder pain in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Bladder pain:
- Detrol: 154 reports
- Aspirin: 151 reports
- Prednisone: 150 reports
- Synthroid: 136 reports
- Metformin: 136 reports
- Humira: 118 reports
- Methotrexate: 104 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Bladder pain:
- Bladder pain (1,001 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Bladder pain:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 180 reports
- Pain: 173 reports
- High blood pressure: 154 reports
- Depression: 127 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 117 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Bladder pain:
- Bladder pain (542 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cyclosporine (the active ingredients of Neoral) and Neoral (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tramadol and Bone Scan Abnormal - now
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency and Productive Cough - 3 seconds ago
- Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter and Subarachnoid Haemorrhage - 8 seconds ago
- Flovent and Comminuted Fracture - 13 seconds ago
- Taurine and Biotin drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Azacitidine and Tumor Lysis Syndrome - 20 seconds ago
- Loteprednol Etabonate and Multivitamin drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Telmisartan and Weakness - 39 seconds ago
- Bactrim and Tea Extract drug interaction - 47 seconds ago
- Ketamine Hcl and Dupixent drug interaction - 56 seconds ago