Neupogen and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is found among people who take Neupogen, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Neupogen and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22,226 people who have side effects when taking Neupogen from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
22,226 people reported to have side effects when taking Neupogen.
Among them, 6 people (0.03%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Neupogen?
Neupogen has active ingredients of filgrastim. It is often used in agranulocytosis. eHealthMe is studying from 22,330 Neupogen users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 441 drugs and 204 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Neupogen and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Neupogen *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Neupogen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 83.33 %
- 60+: 16.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Neupogen *:
- Zometa: 6 people, 100.00%
- Plavix: 6 people, 100.00%
- Casodex: 6 people, 100.00%
- Leuprolide Acetate: 6 people, 100.00%
- Lisinopril: 6 people, 100.00%
- Mitoxantrone: 6 people, 100.00%
- Oxycontin: 6 people, 100.00%
- Motrin: 6 people, 100.00%
- Taxotere: 6 people, 100.00%
- Ambien: 6 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Activities Of Daily Living Impaired: 6 people, 100.00%
- Gynecomastia (enlargement of the gland tissue of the male breast): 6 people, 100.00%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 6 people, 100.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 6 people, 100.00%
- Injury: 6 people, 100.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 6 people, 100.00%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 6 people, 100.00%
- Herpes Simplex (herpes simplex is a common viral infection): 6 people, 100.00%
- Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination): 6 people, 100.00%
- Hepatic Steatosis (fatty liver disease): 6 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Bone Density Decreased: 5 people, 83.33%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 1 person, 16.67%
- Colon Cancer: 1 person, 16.67%
- Bone Loss: 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Neupogen and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Neupogen:
- Neupogen (22,330 reports)
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,031 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of filgrastim:
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (441 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (204 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on filgrastim (the active ingredients of Neupogen) and Neupogen (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.