Neurontin and Gas - belching - from FDA reports
Gas - belching is found among people who take Neurontin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Ambien, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This review analyzes which people have Gas - belching with Neurontin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 79,799 people who have side effects when taking Neurontin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 14, 2017
79,799 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin.
Among them, 108 people (0.14%) have Gas - belching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gas - belching when taking Neurontin *:
- female: 71.96 %
- male: 28.04 %
Age of people who have Gas - belching when taking Neurontin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.06 %
- 30-39: 3.09 %
- 40-49: 31.96 %
- 50-59: 29.9 %
- 60+: 32.99 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (14 people, 12.96%)
- High Blood Pressure (12 people, 11.11%)
- Depression (12 people, 11.11%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (10 people, 9.26%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (8 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Protonix (23 people, 21.30%)
- Ambien (23 people, 21.30%)
- Nexium (22 people, 20.37%)
- Zocor (20 people, 18.52%)
- Vioxx (19 people, 17.59%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (45 people, 41.67%)
- Nausea (43 people, 39.81%)
- Chest Pain (40 people, 37.04%)
- Breathing Difficulty (39 people, 36.11%)
- Weakness (38 people, 35.19%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Gas - belching when taking Neurontin?
- Check symptoms - is gas - belching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGas - belching and drugs with ingredients of gabapentin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGas - belching and Neurontin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from Neurontin 82,731 users)
Gas - belching
Gas - belching (act of expelling air from the stomach through the mouth) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood cholesterol, gastroesophageal reflux disease (latest reports from 9,814 Gas - belching patients).
Browse all side effects of Neurontina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Gas - belchingGas - belching
Could your condition cause Gas - belchingGas - belching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
It was a month ago that my doctor put me on Neurontin to deal with my nerve ending pain caused by multiple surgeries to my eye. Perhaps unrelated, I have an AI disease that is attacking my eyes (uveitis) and have had rather invasive surgeries to deal with its onslaught. I was told my last ...