Neurontin and Stroke - from FDA reports
Stroke is found among people who take Neurontin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Vioxx, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Stroke with Neurontin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 79,799 people who have side effects when taking Neurontin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 22, 2017
79,799 people reported to have side effects when taking Neurontin.
Among them, 1,843 people (2.31%) have Stroke
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Neurontin when people have Stroke *:
- < 1 month: 21.43 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.22 %
- 1 - 2 years: 18.37 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 15.31 %
- 10+ years: 3.06 %
Gender of people who have Stroke when taking Neurontin *:
- female: 57.06 %
- male: 42.94 %
Age of people who have Stroke when taking Neurontin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.2 %
- 20-29: 1.41 %
- 30-39: 4.85 %
- 40-49: 20.2 %
- 50-59: 26.2 %
- 60+: 47.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (186 people, 10.09%)
- Arthritis (156 people, 8.46%)
- Depression (150 people, 8.14%)
- Diabetes (128 people, 6.95%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (123 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vioxx (504 people, 27.35%)
- Plavix (288 people, 15.63%)
- Lasix (274 people, 14.87%)
- Lipitor (251 people, 13.62%)
- Aspirin (234 people, 12.70%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (397 people, 21.54%)
- Heart Attack (396 people, 21.49%)
- High Blood Pressure (387 people, 21.00%)
- Depression (356 people, 19.32%)
- Headache (307 people, 16.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Stroke when taking Neurontin?
- Check symptoms - is stroke caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsStroke and drugs with ingredients of gabapentin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeStroke and Neurontin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in neuralgia. (latest outcomes from Neurontin 82,731 users)
Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen) has been reported by people with diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pain (latest reports from 192,622 Stroke patients).
Browse all side effects of Neurontina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with StrokeStroke
Could your condition cause StrokeStroke
What would happen?
Questions to the study
It was a month ago that my doctor put me on Neurontin to deal with my nerve ending pain caused by multiple surgeries to my eye. Perhaps unrelated, I have an AI disease that is attacking my eyes (uveitis) and have had rather invasive surgeries to deal with its onslaught. I was told my last ...
A bad fall in 2006. Required pain management MRIS, numerous tests and a cervical and lumbar surgery in 2007 to correct. Two Rear end car accidents while I was at a stop light. One in 2011 and one in 2015. I already had spinal stenosis and degenerative disc desease genetically passed on. Problems ...