Nevanac and Death - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Death is found among people who take Nevanac, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,578 people who have side effects when taking Nevanac from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,578 people reported to have side effects when taking Nevanac.
Among them, 12 people (0.76%) died.
What is Nevanac?
Nevanac has active ingredients of nepafenac. It is often used in cataract removal. eHealthMe is studying from 1,604 Nevanac users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Nevanac and Death reports submitted per year:
Time on Nevanac when people died *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who died when taking Nevanac *:
- female: 63.64 %
- male: 36.36 %
Age of people who died when taking Nevanac *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 87.5 %
Common drugs people take besides Nevanac *:
- Vigamox: 6 people, 50.00%
- Plavix: 4 people, 33.33%
- Aspirin: 3 people, 25.00%
- Lucentis: 3 people, 25.00%
- Vytorin: 3 people, 25.00%
- Tylenol: 3 people, 25.00%
- Actos: 2 people, 16.67%
- Nexium: 2 people, 16.67%
- Nitrostat: 2 people, 16.67%
- Zetia: 2 people, 16.67%
Common side effects people have before they died *:
- Visual Acuity Reduced (reduced clearness of vision): 4 people, 33.33%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 25.00%
- Ocular Hyperaemia (an abnormally large amount of blood in eye): 2 people, 16.67%
- Chronic Kidney Disease: 2 people, 16.67%
- Heart Attack: 2 people, 16.67%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 2 people, 16.67%
- Renal Injury (kidney injury): 2 people, 16.67%
- Vision Blurred: 2 people, 16.67%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 16.67%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 1 person, 8.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Diabetic Retinopathy (damage to the retina caused by complications of diabetes): 3 people, 25.00%
- Diabetic Retinal Oedema (excessive build-up of fluid in the retina due to diabetes): 2 people, 16.67%
- Vitamin D Abnormal: 1 person, 8.33%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 8.33%
- Chest Pain: 1 person, 8.33%
- Cognitive Disorder (mental health disorders affects learning, memory, perception, and problem solving): 1 person, 8.33%
- Depression: 1 person, 8.33%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 8.33%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 8.33%
- Retinal Oedema (swelling of retina): 1 person, 8.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of nepafenac:
- Death and drugs with ingredients of nepafenac (8 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nevanac:
- Nevanac (1,604 reports)
Common Nevanac side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 219 reports
Browse all side effects of Nevanac:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
COVID vaccines that are related to Death:
- Death in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Death in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Death in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Death:
All the drugs that are associated with Death:
- Death (4,352 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Death:
All the conditions that are associated with Death:
- Death (3,693 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nepafenac (the active ingredients of Nevanac) and Nevanac (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Serenoa Repens and Flonase drug interaction - now
- Bacterial Sepsis and drugs of ingredients of nortriptyline hydrochloride - now
- Zithromax and Ear Barotrauma - a second ago
- Photosensitivity Allergic Reaction and drugs of ingredients of prednisone - 3 seconds ago
- Norco and Bloody Discharge - 3 seconds ago
- Ampicillin Sodium and Apgar Score Low - 4 seconds ago
- Prometrium and Estratab drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Eliquis and Lymphangitis - 9 seconds ago
- Pain Exacerbated and Computerised Tomogram Abdomen Abnormal - 12 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Vomiting Projectile - 16 seconds ago