Nexavar and Aneurysm - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Aneurysm is found among people who take Nexavar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nexavar and have Aneurysm. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22,516 people who have side effects when taking Nexavar from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
22,516 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexavar.
Among them, 6 people (0.03%) have Aneurysm.
What is Nexavar?
Nexavar has active ingredients of sorafenib tosylate. It is often used in hepatocellular carcinoma. eHealthMe is studying from 22,624 Nexavar users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Aneurysm?
Aneurysm (enlargement of an artery caused by a weakening of the artery wall) is found to be associated with 1,215 drugs and 690 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nexavar and Aneurysm reports submitted per year:
Time on Nexavar when people have Aneurysm *:
- < 1 month: 75 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Aneurysm when taking Nexavar *:
- female: 83.33 %
- male: 16.67 %
Age of people who have Aneurysm when taking Nexavar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Nexavar *:
- Ursodeoxycholic Acid: 1 person, 16.67%
- Spironolactone: 1 person, 16.67%
- Slow-K: 1 person, 16.67%
- Nifedipine: 1 person, 16.67%
- Ibuprofen: 1 person, 16.67%
- Azmacort: 1 person, 16.67%
- Acetaminophen: 1 person, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Aneurysm *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 50.00%
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 33.33%
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 16.67%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 16.67%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 16.67%
- Hoarseness Or Changing Voice: 1 person, 16.67%
- Head Injury: 1 person, 16.67%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 1 person, 16.67%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 1 person, 16.67%
- Flatulence (flatus expelled through the anus): 1 person, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hepatic Neoplasm Malignant (liver cancer): 2 people, 33.33%
- Varices Oesophageal (enlarged and swollen veins at the bottom of the oesophagus, near the stomach): 1 person, 16.67%
- Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour): 1 person, 16.67%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 16.67%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 16.67%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 16.67%
- Hepatic Cirrhosis (chronic liver disease characterized by replacement of liver tissue by fibrosis, scar tissue): 1 person, 16.67%
- Asthma: 1 person, 16.67%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nexavar and have Aneurysm?Check whether Aneurysm is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Aneurysm and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of sorafenib tosylate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nexavar:
- Nexavar (22,624 reports)
Common Nexavar side effects:
- Diarrhea: 3,767 reports
- Rashes (redness): 2,997 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,517 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,170 reports
- Appetite - decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 1,840 reports
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer): 1,817 reports
- Death: 1,553 reports
Browse all side effects of Nexavar:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Aneurysm treatments and more:
- Aneurysm (5,855 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Aneurysm:
- Aneurysm in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Aneurysm in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Aneurysm in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Aneurysm:
- Aspirin: 407 reports
- Vioxx: 327 reports
- Humira: 318 reports
- Lipitor: 247 reports
- Prednisone: 208 reports
- Lisinopril: 192 reports
- Plavix: 175 reports
- Coumadin: 164 reports
- Crestor: 156 reports
- Enbrel: 155 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Aneurysm:
- Aneurysm (1,215 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Aneurysm:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 408 reports
- High blood pressure: 344 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 265 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 215 reports
- Pain: 198 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Aneurysm:
- Aneurysm (690 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sorafenib tosylate (the active ingredients of Nexavar) and Nexavar (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nifedipine and Carotid Arterial Embolus - 4 seconds ago
- Effexor and Synephrine drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Parkinson'S Disease and Verbal Abuse - 7 seconds ago
- Proctalgia and Appetite - Increased - 14 seconds ago
- Metronidazole and Neupogen drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Losartan and Metronidazole drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Ventolin and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - 30 seconds ago
- Cogentin and Rhabdomyolysis - 38 seconds ago
- Mepron and Drug Ineffective - 41 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Carbuncle - 43 seconds ago