Nexium 24hr and Hypertonic bladder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hypertonic bladder is found among people who take Nexium 24hr, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 10+ years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nexium 24hr and have Hypertonic bladder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 44,164 people who have side effects when taking Nexium 24hr from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
44,164 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexium 24hr.
Among them, 6 people (0.01%) have Hypertonic bladder.
What is Nexium 24hr?
Nexium 24hr has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 44,325 Nexium 24hr users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hypertonic bladder?
Hypertonic bladder (bladder-storage function that causes a sudden urge to urinate) is found to be associated with 1,099 drugs and 491 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nexium 24hr and Hypertonic bladder reports submitted per year:
Time on Nexium 24hr when people have Hypertonic bladder *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 66.67 %
Gender of people who have Hypertonic bladder when taking Nexium 24hr *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Hypertonic bladder when taking Nexium 24hr *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 25 %
- 60+: 25 %
Common drugs people take besides Nexium 24hr *:
- Nexium: 4 people, 66.67%
- Prilosec: 4 people, 66.67%
- Prevacid: 4 people, 66.67%
- Prevacid 24 Hr: 4 people, 66.67%
- Dexilant: 2 people, 33.33%
- Fish Oil: 2 people, 33.33%
- Aciphex: 2 people, 33.33%
- Prilosec Otc: 1 person, 16.67%
- Promethazine: 1 person, 16.67%
- Baclofen: 1 person, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Hypertonic bladder *:
- Acute Kidney Failure: 4 people, 66.67%
- Chronic Kidney Disease: 4 people, 66.67%
- Urination - Painful: 2 people, 33.33%
- Blood Creatinine Increased: 2 people, 33.33%
- Hypertensive Nephropathy (hypertensive renal disease): 2 people, 33.33%
- Micturition Urgency (urgency to pass the urine): 2 people, 33.33%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 33.33%
- Weight Increased: 1 person, 16.67%
- Feeling Jittery: 1 person, 16.67%
- Indigestion: 1 person, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 33.33%
- Pain: 2 people, 33.33%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 33.33%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 1 person, 16.67%
- Presbyoesophagus (abnormal shape of the swallowing tube): 1 person, 16.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 16.67%
- Migraine (headache): 1 person, 16.67%
- Indigestion: 1 person, 16.67%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 16.67%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nexium 24hr and have Hypertonic bladder?Check whether Hypertonic bladder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dr. Anthony Wong, "Esomeprazole and gynaecomastia in obese adults", WHO pharmaceuticals newsletter: 2019, No. 2, 2019 Jan .
How severe was Hypertonic bladder and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nexium 24hr:
- Nexium 24hr (44,325 reports)
Common Nexium 24hr side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 32,372 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 11,242 reports
- Interstitial nephritis (inflammation of the kidney): 3,764 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2,208 reports
- Death: 2,178 reports
Browse all side effects of Nexium 24hr:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hypertonic bladder treatments and more:
- Hypertonic bladder (23,312 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hypertonic bladder:
- Hypertonic bladder in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hypertonic bladder in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hypertonic bladder in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hypertonic bladder:
- Fosamax: 453 reports
- Gabapentin: 300 reports
- Aspirin: 290 reports
- Vitamin d: 247 reports
- Baclofen: 210 reports
- Amlodipine: 194 reports
- Prednisone: 181 reports
- Detrol: 179 reports
- Vitamin d3: 177 reports
- Metformin: 167 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hypertonic bladder:
- Hypertonic bladder (1,099 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hypertonic bladder:
- Multiple sclerosis: 409 reports
- Osteoporosis: 391 reports
- High blood pressure: 242 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 178 reports
- Pain: 142 reports
- Depression: 139 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hypertonic bladder:
- Hypertonic bladder (491 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on esomeprazole magnesium (the active ingredients of Nexium 24hr) and Nexium 24hr (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Decadron and Biliary Sepsis - a second ago
- Ranitidine and Eyelid Infection - 4 seconds ago
- Bidil and Blood Glucose Increased - 9 seconds ago
- Levophed and Primacor drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Laboratory Test Abnormal - 10 seconds ago
- Labetalol Hydrochloride and Simvastatin drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Divalproex Sodium and Ankylosing Spondylitis - 22 seconds ago
- Kenalog In Orabase and Levothyroxine Sodium drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Diabetes and drugs of ingredients of etanercept - 24 seconds ago
- Strensiq and Injection Site Atrophy - 25 seconds ago