Nexium and Constipation - from FDA reports
Constipation is found among people who take Nexium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Constipation with Nexium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 123,845 people who have side effects when taking Nexium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
123,845 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexium.
Among them, 2,825 people (2.28%) have Constipation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Nexium when people have Constipation *:
- < 1 month: 26.42 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.72 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.29 %
- 1 - 2 years: 18.87 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20.75 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.66 %
- 10+ years: 6.29 %
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Nexium *:
- female: 69.62 %
- male: 30.38 %
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Nexium *:
- 0-1: 0.18 %
- 2-9: 0.27 %
- 10-19: 0.93 %
- 20-29: 3.09 %
- 30-39: 5.31 %
- 40-49: 12.86 %
- 50-59: 23.34 %
- 60+: 54.02 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (327 people, 11.58%)
- High Blood Pressure (269 people, 9.52%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (207 people, 7.33%)
- Osteoporosis (193 people, 6.83%)
- Multiple Myeloma (190 people, 6.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (451 people, 15.96%)
- Xanax (336 people, 11.89%)
- Lipitor (330 people, 11.68%)
- Ambien (329 people, 11.65%)
- Aspirin (302 people, 10.69%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (819 people, 28.99%)
- Pain (754 people, 26.69%)
- Diarrhea (655 people, 23.19%)
- Fatigue (649 people, 22.97%)
- Weakness (612 people, 21.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Constipation when taking Nexium?
- Check symptoms - is constipation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsConstipation and drugs with ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeConstipation and Nexium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Nexium 127,921 users)
Constipation has been reported by people with pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 152,391 Constipation patients).
Browse all side effects of Nexiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ConstipationConstipation
Could your condition cause ConstipationConstipation
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello. My eyes have become very bloodshot these last 5 days I have glaucoma for many years and I have been using generic Xalatan for many years as well. A few months ago I was prescribed a new eyedrop to use together with Xalatan, Brimonidine, this last eyedrops make my eyes bloodshot like but ...
Had an endoscopy today due to being anemic and 16 polyps were found in my stomach and removed. Size of the polyps were 10mm to 18mm. Have been on Nexium for 7 years for an ulcer. Has anyone had these size poplyps due to nexium?