Nexium and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is found among people who take Nexium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nexium and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 231,329 people who have side effects when taking Nexium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
231,329 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexium.
Among them, 10 people (0.0%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Nexium?
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 226,517 Nexium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 445 drugs and 208 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nexium and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Time on Nexium when people have Dupuytren's contracture *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 100 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Nexium *:
- female: 80 %
- male: 20 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Nexium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Nexium *:
- Percocet: 4 people, 40.00%
- Methotrexate: 3 people, 30.00%
- Zantac: 3 people, 30.00%
- Humira: 3 people, 30.00%
- Fish Oil: 2 people, 20.00%
- Pataday: 2 people, 20.00%
- Nuvigil: 2 people, 20.00%
- Myrbetriq: 2 people, 20.00%
- Macrobid: 2 people, 20.00%
- Lantus: 2 people, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 40.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 40.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 30.00%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 2 people, 20.00%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 2 people, 20.00%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 2 people, 20.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 2 people, 20.00%
- Breathing Sounds - Abnormal (Stridor): 2 people, 20.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 20.00%
- Haematochezia (passage of stools containing blood): 2 people, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 3 people, 30.00%
- Pain: 3 people, 30.00%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 20.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 20.00%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 2 people, 20.00%
- Lipids Increased (excess lipid in body): 1 person, 10.00%
- Indigestion: 1 person, 10.00%
- Hypovitaminosis (any of several diseases caused by deficiency of one or more vitamins): 1 person, 10.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 10.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nexium and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dr. Anthony Wong, "Esomeprazole and gynaecomastia in obese adults", WHO pharmaceuticals newsletter: 2019, No. 2, 2019 Jan .
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nexium:
- Nexium (226,517 reports)
Common Nexium side effects:
Browse all side effects of Nexium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,031 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (445 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Ra: 104 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (208 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on esomeprazole magnesium (the active ingredients of Nexium) and Nexium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Azasan and Pulmonary Embolism - 7 seconds ago
- Amnesteem and Meclizine drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Azasan and Tuberculosis - 14 seconds ago
- Azasan and Pleural Effusion - 17 seconds ago
- Soy and Metformin drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Depo-Medrol and Blood Pressure Immeasurable - 18 seconds ago
- Azasan and Gallstones - 22 seconds ago
- Revlimid and Migraine - 23 seconds ago
- Prezcobix and Muscle Aches - 29 seconds ago
- Entyvio and Inflammation - 31 seconds ago