Nexium and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people who take Nexium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Nexium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 123,845 people who have side effects when taking Nexium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
123,845 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexium.
Among them, 2,523 people (2.04%) have Itching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Nexium when people have Itching *:
- < 1 month: 59.6 %
- 1 - 6 months: 20.53 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.97 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.31 %
- 2 - 5 years: 5.96 %
- 5 - 10 years: 5.96 %
- 10+ years: 0.66 %
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Nexium *:
- female: 71.11 %
- male: 28.89 %
Age of people who have Itching when taking Nexium *:
- 0-1: 0.05 %
- 2-9: 0.2 %
- 10-19: 1.05 %
- 20-29: 1.8 %
- 30-39: 6.36 %
- 40-49: 14.51 %
- 50-59: 23.42 %
- 60+: 52.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (266 people, 10.54%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (247 people, 9.79%)
- Pain (154 people, 6.10%)
- Asthma (137 people, 5.43%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (126 people, 4.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (302 people, 11.97%)
- Synthroid (231 people, 9.16%)
- Lipitor (211 people, 8.36%)
- Singulair (183 people, 7.25%)
- Niaspan (183 people, 7.25%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (906 people, 35.91%)
- Fatigue (364 people, 14.43%)
- Nausea (356 people, 14.11%)
- Pain (327 people, 12.96%)
- Breathing Difficulty (307 people, 12.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Itching when taking Nexium?
- Check symptoms - is itching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsItching and drugs with ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeItching and Nexium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Nexium 127,921 users)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 165,446 Itching patients).
Browse all side effects of Nexiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ItchingItching
Could your condition cause ItchingItching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I have been on Tamsulosin for almost 10 months. However, I have noticed in the last few weeks of itching. I have also noticed some rashes in my scrap. I just took a dose tonight and started noticing this weard sensation and feeling as if ants are crawling over me. I took a Benadryl to help ...
Need help with a issue, I have been on Omeprazole for several years, I was changed over to the generic due to insurance purposes, but recently I have been taking it and have experienced this HORRIBLE metallic taste in my mouth , any suggestions and will it go away?
I have been taking omeprazole for almost 6 years, in the last 3 years, I was changed to Esomeprazole and not had a problem at all , then just recently I have developed this AWFUL metallic taste, any ideas or information from others would be appreciated :)