Nexium and Renal cyst - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 231,329 people who have side effects when taking Nexium. Renal cyst is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take Prilosec and have High blood pressure.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nexium and have Renal cyst. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
231,329 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexium.
Among them, 787 people (0.34%) have Renal cyst.
What is Nexium?
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 242,320 Nexium users.
What is Renal cyst?
Renal cyst (kidney cyst) is found to be associated with 1,916 drugs and 1,040 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 11,866 people who have Renal cyst.
Number of Nexium and Renal cyst reports submitted per year:
Time on Nexium when people have Renal cyst *:
Gender of people who have Renal cyst when taking Nexium*:
Age of people who have Renal cyst when taking Nexium *:
Common drugs people take besides Nexium *:
Common side effects people have besides Renal cyst *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nexium and have Renal cyst?Check whether Renal cyst is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dr. Anthony Wong, "Esomeprazole and gynaecomastia in obese adults", WHO pharmaceuticals newsletter: 2019, No. 2, 2019 Jan .
Nexium side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Nexium side effects (242,320 reports)
Renal cyst treatments and more:
- Renal cyst (11,866 reports)
Common drugs associated with Renal cyst:
- Aspirin: 1,230 reports
- Zometa: 1,177 reports
- Prevacid: 1,070 reports
- Prednisone: 1,019 reports
- Fosamax: 975 reports
- Omeprazole: 955 reports
- Nexium: 787 reports
- Lipitor: 780 reports
- Prilosec: 764 reports
- Aredia: 743 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Renal cyst:
- Renal cyst (1,916 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Renal cyst:
- High blood pressure: 1,220 reports
- Osteoporosis: 965 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 906 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 760 reports
- Pain: 524 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 474 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Renal cyst:
- Renal cyst (1,040 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on esomeprazole magnesium (the active ingredients of Nexium) and Nexium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cialis and Fluocinonide drug interaction - a second ago
- Boniva and Doxycycline drug interaction - a second ago
- Nitrofurantoin and Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - 3 seconds ago
- Motrin and Lamictal Xr drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Accutane and Cholecystitis Chronic - 7 seconds ago
- Augmentin and Imdur drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Lupron Depot and Coughing Up Blood - 9 seconds ago
- Lactulose and Prevymis drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Pegasys and Dislocation Of Vertebra - 13 seconds ago
- Epoprostenol and Valproate Sodium drug interaction - 13 seconds ago