Nexium and Tongue discoloration - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Tongue discoloration is found among people who take Nexium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nexium and have Tongue discoloration. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 231,329 people who have side effects when taking Nexium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
231,329 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexium.
Among them, 135 people (0.06%) have Tongue discoloration.
What is Nexium?
Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 235,991 Nexium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Tongue discoloration?
Tongue discoloration is found to be associated with 1,122 drugs and 574 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nexium and Tongue discoloration reports submitted per year:
Time on Nexium when people have Tongue discoloration *:
Gender of people who have Tongue discoloration when taking Nexium*:
Age of people who have Tongue discoloration when taking Nexium *:
Common drugs people take besides Nexium *:
Common side effects people have besides Tongue discoloration *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nexium and have Tongue discoloration?Check whether Tongue discoloration is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dr. Anthony Wong, "Esomeprazole and gynaecomastia in obese adults", WHO pharmaceuticals newsletter: 2019, No. 2, 2019 Jan .
How severe was Tongue discoloration and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nexium:
- Nexium (235,991 reports)
Common Nexium side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 60,817 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 23,403 reports
- Drug ineffective: 11,870 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 11,578 reports
- Pain: 11,140 reports
- Diarrhea: 9,841 reports
Browse all side effects of Nexium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Tongue discoloration treatments and more:
- Tongue discoloration (4,696 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Tongue discoloration:
- Tongue discoloration in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Tongue discoloration in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Tongue discoloration in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Tongue discoloration:
- Aspirin: 248 reports
- Prednisone: 210 reports
- Humira: 171 reports
- Omeprazole: 170 reports
- Methotrexate: 152 reports
- Spiriva: 148 reports
- Metformin: 148 reports
- Nexium: 135 reports
- Enbrel: 135 reports
- Fosamax: 131 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Tongue discoloration:
- Tongue discoloration (1,122 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Tongue discoloration:
- High blood pressure: 252 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 182 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 181 reports
- Asthma: 168 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 154 reports
- Depression: 141 reports
- Osteoporosis: 133 reports
- Pain: 132 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 107 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 105 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Tongue discoloration:
- Tongue discoloration (574 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on esomeprazole magnesium (the active ingredients of Nexium) and Nexium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Follicle Centre Lymphoma, Follicular Grade I, Ii, Iii Stage Iv and Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis - now
- Trimeprazine Tartrate and Suicide Attempt - 4 seconds ago
- Enlarged Heart and Pleural Effusion - 14 seconds ago
- Compazine and Norethindrone drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- How effective is Kadian for Back Pain? - 18 seconds ago
- Prolia and Serum Ferritin Decreased - 23 seconds ago
- Megace and Infusion Site Extravasation - 26 seconds ago
- Ranitidine Hydrochloride and Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (All) - 27 seconds ago
- Evista and Compazine drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Solu-Medrol and Enthesopathy - 36 seconds ago