Nexplanon and Blindness - from FDA reports
Blindness is found among people who take Nexplanon, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Celexa, and have Back pain. This review analyzes which people have Blindness with Nexplanon. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,093 people who have side effects when taking Nexplanon from FDA , and is updated regularly.
18,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexplanon.
Among them, 15 people (0.08%) have Blindness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Nexplanon when people have Blindness *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 50 %
- 2 - 5 years: 50 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Blindness when taking Nexplanon *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Blindness when taking Nexplanon *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 50.0 %
- 20-29: 33.33 %
- 30-39: 16.67 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 6.67%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 6.67%
- Dyslipidaemia (abnormal amount of lipids): 1 person, 6.67%
- Depression: 1 person, 6.67%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 6.67%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zofran: 1 person, 6.67%
- Zocor: 1 person, 6.67%
- Solu-Medrol: 1 person, 6.67%
- Lopid: 1 person, 6.67%
- Celexa: 1 person, 6.67%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 7 people, 46.67%
- Headache (pain in head): 7 people, 46.67%
- Depression: 5 people, 33.33%
- Hair Loss: 4 people, 26.67%
- Personality Change: 3 people, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Nexplanon and have Blindness?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Blindness
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
Nexplanon has active ingredients of etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Nexplanon 18,390 users)
Blindness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, diabetes, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 21,423 Blindness patients).
Drugs that are associated with BlindnessBlindness (1,863 drugs)
Could your condition cause BlindnessBlindness (1,523 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBlindness and drugs with ingredients of etonogestrel. (30 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBlindness and Nexplanon from FDA and eHealthMe reports (17 reports)
Nexplanon side effects
- Nexplanon side effects (18,095 reports)
Browse all side effects of Nexplanona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Nexplanon and have Blindness
- Support group for people who have Blindness
- Support group for people who take Nexplanon
Can you answer these questions
- My 19 year old daughter just started using Nexplanon 3 months ago and today had to be taken to emergency room because she had a seizure. is this common? she did have seizures when she was 9 but was dismissed as she didnt have them until today. please advise farah rosario email@example.com
- I had the nexpanon implanted on July 13th. I have been bleeding non stop for almost a month and a half now. I am very weak and feel dizzy often. Is this normal
- It says I'm not alone but nothing has been posted in the group? I guess my question would be does anyone have any direct hep c problems using nexplanon?
- I have cardiomyopathy and I am 90% sure it was caused by the Nexplanon implant.
- 9 Day ag I noticed my vision was blured when I got up that morning . I lost the top vision in my right eye the doctors believe it was caused by a stroke to the optic nerve believe to happen will you are a sleep blood pressure becomes to low. I have took ranexa since March 2015. Has any one else...
You may be interested in these posts
- Hello, I have been on the Nexplanon for over a year now. I have been dizzy for months. Thought I had vestibular migraines. Now maybe fluid in my ears, but I am now thinking it’s from the Nexplanon. I feel like I’m constantly rocking on a boat. I am starting to feel horrible all day/everyday ....
- I have the nexplanon implant. I consistently get very itchy bug bites but only on the skin covering my implant. The bites never occur elsewhere on my body.
- I have had my Nexplanon implant in for over a year, and in that time on my left arm just under the armpit is a darker coloured patch of skin. It doesn't itch or irritate me. Anybody else had something similar?
- I had the Nexplanon put in when I was 28 or 29. I still have it on for 2 years and I have Multiple sclerosis symptoms, fibromyalgia symptoms and optic neritis I think what it's called the neurologist is sending me to an eye doctor literally for the symptoms
- For the last couple months I have been desperate to find an answer to my issue. Around the time of my menstrual cycle I will sleep for days on end and it's difficult to wake me up. It is affecting my family and marriage. Please help
- Rifinah and Pyridoxine Hcl drug interaction
- Will you have Deep Venous Thrombosis with Aciphex?
- Will you have Dvt with Aciphex?
- Will you have Blood Clot In The Legs with Aciphex?
- Will you have Deep Vein Thrombosis with Aciphex?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Rifinah and Pyridoxine Hcl
- Support group for people who take Aciphex and have Deep Venous Thrombosis?
- Support group for people who take Aciphex and have Dvt?
- Support group for people who take Aciphex and have Blood Clot In The Legs?
- Support group for people who take Aciphex and have Deep Vein Thrombosis?
- What to expect when you take Rifinah and Pyridoxine Hcl
- What to expect when you take Aciphex and have Deep Venous Thrombosis?
- What to expect when you take Aciphex and have Dvt?
- What to expect when you take Aciphex and have Blood Clot In The Legs?
- What to expect when you take Aciphex and have Deep Vein Thrombosis?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.