Nexplanon and Vision blurred - from FDA reports
Vision blurred is found among people who take Nexplanon, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Amoxicillin, and have Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding. This review analyzes which people have Vision blurred with Nexplanon. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,093 people who have side effects when taking Nexplanon from FDA , and is updated regularly.
18,093 people reported to have side effects when taking Nexplanon.
Among them, 44 people (0.24%) have Vision blurred
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Nexplanon when people have Vision blurred *:
- < 1 month: 27.27 %
- 1 - 6 months: 72.73 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Vision blurred when taking Nexplanon *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Vision blurred when taking Nexplanon *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 21.43 %
- 20-29: 60.71 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 3.5700000000000003 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding: 1 person, 2.27%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prochlorperazine: 2 people, 4.55%
- Nicotine: 2 people, 4.55%
- Erythromycin: 2 people, 4.55%
- Amoxicillin: 2 people, 4.55%
- Citalopram Hydrobromide: 1 person, 2.27%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Headache (pain in head): 19 people, 43.18%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 14 people, 31.82%
- Dizziness: 12 people, 27.27%
- Migraine (headache): 10 people, 22.73%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 10 people, 22.73%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Nexplanon and have Vision blurred?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Vision blurred
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Nexplanon has active ingredients of etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Nexplanon 18,390 users)
Vision blurred has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 81,871 Vision blurred patients).
Drugs that are associated with Vision blurredVision blurred (2,946 drugs)
Could your condition cause Vision blurredVision blurred (2,757 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsVision blurred and drugs with ingredients of etonogestrel. (81 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeVision blurred and Nexplanon from FDA and eHealthMe reports (45 reports)
Nexplanon side effects
- Nexplanon side effects (18,095 reports)
Browse all side effects of Nexplanona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Nexplanon and have Vision Blurred
- Support group for people who have Vision Blurred
- Support group for people who take Nexplanon
Can you answer these questions
- I took nifedipine for a little over a month and a half. Since I stopped taking the medication I have been experiencing blurred vision. It’s been 6 weeks since I stopped taking the medication. Will the blurred vision clear up on its own and how long will this blurriness clear up?
- My 19 year old daughter just started using Nexplanon 3 months ago and today had to be taken to emergency room because she had a seizure. is this common? she did have seizures when she was 9 but was dismissed as she didnt have them until today. please advise farah rosario email@example.com
- I had the nexpanon implanted on July 13th. I have been bleeding non stop for almost a month and a half now. I am very weak and feel dizzy often. Is this normal
- I've been on Xyrem for 8 months and about 3 months in started noticing my vision changing and my eyes got extremely dry. Anyone else experience this?
- It says I'm not alone but nothing has been posted in the group? I guess my question would be does anyone have any direct hep c problems using nexplanon?
You may be interested in these posts
- Red eyes. Foggy blurry vision after taking Wisconsin ginseng
- what to do ?decrease the dose or what to do to stop vision blurring . i have SLE ; taking cellcept for 6 months 2 gram ; now started 1500 mg . now more blurred vision . please tell me .
- I have the nexplanon implant. I consistently get very itchy bug bites but only on the skin covering my implant. The bites never occur elsewhere on my body.
- I have had my Nexplanon implant in for over a year, and in that time on my left arm just under the armpit is a darker coloured patch of skin. It doesn't itch or irritate me. Anybody else had something similar?
- I had the Nexplanon put in when I was 28 or 29. I still have it on for 2 years and I have Multiple sclerosis symptoms, fibromyalgia symptoms and optic neritis I think what it's called the neurologist is sending me to an eye doctor literally for the symptoms
- Peppermint and Linzess drug interaction
- Will you have Abdominal Pain with S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine?
- Will you have Stomach Pain with S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine?
- Will you have Stomachache with S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine?
- Will you have Pain - Abdomen with S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Peppermint and Linzess
- Support group for people who take S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine and have Abdominal Pain?
- Support group for people who take S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine and have Stomach Pain?
- Support group for people who take S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine and have Stomachache?
- Support group for people who take S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine and have Pain - Abdomen?
- What to expect when you take Peppermint and Linzess
- What to expect when you take S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine and have Abdominal Pain?
- What to expect when you take S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine and have Stomach Pain?
- What to expect when you take S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine and have Stomachache?
- What to expect when you take S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine and have Pain - Abdomen?
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Ventolin, Lotensin Hct, Advair Hfa, Ranitidine, Singulair, Zyrtec, Zocor, Dymista
- A study for a 60 year old man who takes Sinemet
- A study for a 19 year old boy who takes Sudafed 12 Hour, Augmentin
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Compazine
- A study for a 44 year old man who takes Remeron
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.