Niacin and Atopic eczema - from FDA reports
Atopic eczema is found among people who take Niacin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Back pain. This review analyzes which people have Atopic eczema with Niacin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,579 people who have side effects when taking Niacin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 22, 2017
6,579 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin.
Among them, 14 people (0.21%) have Atopic eczema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Niacin when people have Atopic eczema *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 50 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 50 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Atopic eczema when taking Niacin *:
- female: 35.71 %
- male: 64.29 %
Age of people who have Atopic eczema when taking Niacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 30 %
- 50-59: 40 %
- 60+: 30 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Diabetes (4 people, 28.57%)
- Back Pain (4 people, 28.57%)
- Schizoaffective Disorder (3 people, 21.43%)
- Convulsion (3 people, 21.43%)
- Weight Loss (2 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (8 people, 57.14%)
- Zaroxolyn (6 people, 42.86%)
- Altace (6 people, 42.86%)
- Risperdal (5 people, 35.71%)
- Premarin (4 people, 28.57%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (10 people, 71.43%)
- Pain (8 people, 57.14%)
- Head Injury (7 people, 50.00%)
- Diarrhea (7 people, 50.00%)
- Constipation (7 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Atopic eczema when taking Niacin?
- Check symptoms - is atopic eczema caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAtopic eczema and drugs with ingredients of niacin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAtopic eczema and Niacin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 7,448 users)
Atopic eczema (atopic dermatitis: a severe form of dermatitis characterized by atopy) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, crohn's disease, asthma (latest reports from 14,724 Atopic eczema patients).
Browse all side effects of Niacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Atopic eczemaAtopic eczema
Could your condition cause Atopic eczemaAtopic eczema
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Loebl T, Raskin S, "A novel case report: acute manic psychotic episode after treatment with niacin", The Journal of neuropsychiatry and clinical neurosciences, 2013 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I took one injection of Prolia. 10 days later, I had red bumps under my wafer. I did sweat profusely on this day and assumed it was from that. However, as the weeks went by, the symptom got worse and the skin became extremely itchy to the point, I actually caused bleeding. Couldn't keep the ...
User posts to the study
Severe leg cramps to both thighs and in arms and hands. Md though if it. Could be an auto immune disease...? Had leg biopsy EMG etc unable to find cause Could this have been Niacin. I take 500mg every night T
I have severe anxiety and I just discovered that Niacin in a fairly high dose can help. The problem is I take NORVASC 5MG a day for blood pressure and Ranauds syndrome and I found out these two, Niacin and Norvasc have a bad interaction. I was hoping on using Niacin for my anxiety because I ...
I had a week having healthy sex once a day at least and after a big crisis of eczema, I have experienced difficulties in my sexual performance. I smoke cannabis regularly in small doses, not more than 2gr per week nowadays, and I think this could affect my concentration, but also, I have smoked ...