Niacin and Eczema - from FDA reports
Eczema is found among people who take Niacin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Back pain. This review analyzes which people have Eczema with Niacin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,579 people who have side effects when taking Niacin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 22, 2017
6,579 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin.
Among them, 16 people (0.24%) have Eczema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Niacin when people have Eczema *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 50 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 50 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Eczema when taking Niacin *:
- female: 37.5 %
- male: 62.5 %
Age of people who have Eczema when taking Niacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 27.27 %
- 50-59: 45.45 %
- 60+: 27.27 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Diabetes (4 people, 25.00%)
- Back Pain (4 people, 25.00%)
- Schizoaffective Disorder (3 people, 18.75%)
- Convulsion (3 people, 18.75%)
- Weight Loss (2 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (8 people, 50.00%)
- Zaroxolyn (7 people, 43.75%)
- Altace (7 people, 43.75%)
- Precose (5 people, 31.25%)
- Catapres (5 people, 31.25%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (10 people, 62.50%)
- Pain (8 people, 50.00%)
- Head Injury (8 people, 50.00%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (8 people, 50.00%)
- Constipation (8 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Eczema when taking Niacin?
- Check symptoms - is eczema caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsEczema and drugs with ingredients of niacin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeEczema and Niacin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 7,447 users)
Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, crohn's disease, asthma (latest reports from 14,724 Eczema patients).
Browse all side effects of Niacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with EczemaEczema
Could your condition cause EczemaEczema
What would happen?
Questions to the study
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
I just added the Black Cohosh to the above regimen 2 weeks ago. I'm afraid I will gain wieght. I'm ALWAYS struggling with my weight, I lost the 30 lbs. In 2014, that I had gained in 2013 from using Nueronton & Serequil (which never aided in minimising my depression, it increased both my ...