Niacin and Mania - from FDA reports
Mania is reported only by a few people who take Niacin. We study 6,579 people who have side effects while taking Niacin from FDA. Among them, 4 have Mania. Find out below who they are, when they have Mania and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 24, 2017
6,579 people reported to have side effects when taking Niacin.
Among them, 4 people (0.06%) have Mania
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Mania when taking Niacin *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Mania when taking Niacin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 25 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 75 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Cognitive Disorder (2 people, 50.00%)
- Bipolar I Disorder (1 person, 25.00%)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (1 person, 25.00%)
- Abnormal Behavior (1 person, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aricept (3 people, 75.00%)
- Propranolol Hydrochloride (2 people, 50.00%)
- Loratadine (2 people, 50.00%)
- Furosemide (2 people, 50.00%)
- Albuterol Sulfate (2 people, 50.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Irritability (2 people, 50.00%)
- Hypotension (2 people, 50.00%)
- Hypomania (2 people, 50.00%)
- Hypnagogic Hallucination (2 people, 50.00%)
- Bradycardia (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Mania when taking Niacin?
- Check symptoms - is mania caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMania and drugs with ingredients of niacin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMania and Niacin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Niacin has active ingredients of niacin. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Niacin 7,447 users)
Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood) has been reported by people with bipolar disorder, depression, stress and anxiety, bipolar i disorder, quit smoking (latest reports from 15,471 Mania patients).
Browse all side effects of Niacina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ManiaMania
Could your condition cause ManiaMania
What would happen?
Questions to the study
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
Hi. I ended up being hospitalized after one month being on wellbutrin sr. I became so psychotic and manic. I was paranoid to the max. I have never had any symptoms like this in my entire life. has anyone heard of someone going through something like this after taking wellbutrin sr?
User reviews to the study
I am on numerous meds for anxiety with agoraphobia and bipolar. I was also on narcotics for back issues for the last 17 years. I have recently been on a program to withdraw from the opiates. I have been off them now for 9 days. My problem is since being off the opiates, I have been having ...
I'm pretty sure I overdosed on Niacin (ate a half a bottle over 20,000mg) about a year ago. And now I seem to have my second massive case of Lymphedema of the feet and scrotum. Went to doctors and the hospital the first time. And they have no ideas. I'm wondering if there's any link between ...