Nicotine and Angioedema - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Angioedema is found among people who take Nicotine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nicotine and have Angioedema. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,828 people who have side effects when taking Nicotine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
17,828 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine.
Among them, 40 people (0.22%) have Angioedema.
What is Nicotine?
Nicotine has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking. eHealthMe is studying from 18,154 Nicotine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Angioedema?
Angioedema (rapid swelling of the dermis) is found to be associated with 2,306 drugs and 1,910 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nicotine and Angioedema reports submitted per year:
Time on Nicotine when people have Angioedema *:
- < 1 month: 85.71 %
- 1 - 6 months: 14.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Angioedema when taking Nicotine *:
- female: 52.78 %
- male: 47.22 %
Age of people who have Angioedema when taking Nicotine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.12 %
- 30-39: 3.12 %
- 40-49: 34.38 %
- 50-59: 37.5 %
- 60+: 21.88 %
Common drugs people take besides Nicotine *:
- Lisinopril: 6 people, 15.00%
- Pantoprazole: 5 people, 12.50%
- Nicorette: 5 people, 12.50%
- Clopidogrel: 5 people, 12.50%
- Amlodipine: 4 people, 10.00%
- Oxycontin: 3 people, 7.50%
- Ventolin: 3 people, 7.50%
- Guaifenesin: 3 people, 7.50%
- Nexium: 3 people, 7.50%
- Vitamin D3: 3 people, 7.50%
Common side effects people have besides Angioedema *:
- Urticaria (rash of round, red welts on the skin that itch intensely): 6 people, 15.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 6 people, 15.00%
- Swelling Face: 5 people, 12.50%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 10.00%
- Pharyngeal Oedema (abnormal accumulation of fluid in the cavities and intercellular spaces of the pharyngeal): 3 people, 7.50%
- Dry Mouth: 3 people, 7.50%
- Drug Dependence: 3 people, 7.50%
- Multiple Drug Overdose: 3 people, 7.50%
- Swollen Tongue (swelling of tongue): 3 people, 7.50%
- Drug Hypersensitivity: 3 people, 7.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 13 people, 32.50%
- Nicotine Dependence: 3 people, 7.50%
- Asthma: 3 people, 7.50%
- Oxygen Saturation Decreased: 2 people, 5.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 5.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 5.00%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 5.00%
- Cluster Headache (one-sided head pain with tearing): 2 people, 5.00%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 2 people, 5.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 5.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nicotine and have Angioedema?Check whether Angioedema is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Banaga, Y., Mohmmed, K., Mustafa, H., & Barrett, J, "Angioedema 2 months after Administration of Rivaroxaban (Xarelto)", J Clin Case Rep, 2014 Jan .
How severe was Angioedema and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of nicotine:
- Angioedema and drugs with ingredients of nicotine (42 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nicotine:
- Nicotine (18,154 reports)
Common Nicotine side effects:
Browse all side effects of Nicotine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Angioedema treatments and more:
- Angioedema (39,059 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Angioedema:
- Angioedema in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Angioedema in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Angioedema in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Angioedema:
All the drugs that are associated with Angioedema:
- Angioedema (2,306 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Angioedema:
All the conditions that are associated with Angioedema:
- Angioedema (1,910 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nicotine (the active ingredients of Nicotine) and Nicotine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fluphenazine Decanoate and Acetaminophen drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Mitral Valve Prolapse and The Flu - 21 seconds ago
- Neurontin and Denavir drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Sublimaze Preservative Free and Avapro drug interaction - 34 seconds ago
- Coq and B-12 drug interaction - 46 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine and Zetia drug interaction - a minute ago
- Prinivil and Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide drug interaction - a minute ago
- Birth Control and drugs of ingredients of fluticasone propionate - a minute ago
- Klonopin and Weight Loss - a minute ago
- Nexium and Olanzapine drug interaction - a minute ago