Nicotine and Jaw cyst - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Jaw cyst is reported only by a few people who take Nicotine.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nicotine and have Jaw cyst. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,828 people who have side effects while taking Nicotine from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
17,828 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Jaw cyst.
What is Nicotine?
Nicotine has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking. eHealthMe is studying from 18,169 Nicotine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Jaw cyst?
Jaw cyst (air or fluid filled sac of jaw) is found to be associated with 342 drugs and 215 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nicotine and Jaw cyst reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Jaw cyst when taking Nicotine *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Jaw cyst when taking Nicotine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Nicotine *:
- Zometa: 2 people, 100.00%
- Zocor: 2 people, 100.00%
- Lantus: 2 people, 100.00%
- Glucophage: 2 people, 100.00%
- Flovent: 2 people, 100.00%
- Doxycycline: 2 people, 100.00%
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride: 2 people, 100.00%
- Dilaudid: 2 people, 100.00%
- Demerol: 2 people, 100.00%
- Combivent: 2 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Jaw cyst *:
- Vision Blurred: 2 people, 100.00%
- Eyes - Bulging (swelling of eyes): 2 people, 100.00%
- Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall): 2 people, 100.00%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 100.00%
- Drowsiness: 2 people, 100.00%
- Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation): 2 people, 100.00%
- Dyspnea Exertional: 2 people, 100.00%
- Ear Barotrauma (discomfort and possible damage in the ear due to pressure differences between the inside and outside of the eardrum): 2 people, 100.00%
- Emotional Distress: 2 people, 100.00%
- Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs): 2 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 2 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nicotine and have Jaw cyst?Check whether Jaw cyst is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Jaw cyst and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of nicotine:
- Jaw cyst and drugs with ingredients of nicotine (2 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nicotine:
- Nicotine (18,169 reports)
Common Nicotine side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 1,834 reports
- Dizziness: 847 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 837 reports
Browse all side effects of Nicotine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Jaw cyst treatments and more:
- Jaw cyst (337 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Jaw cyst:
- Jaw cyst in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Jaw cyst in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Jaw cyst in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Jaw cyst:
- Fosamax: 146 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Jaw cyst:
- Jaw cyst (342 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Jaw cyst:
- Jaw cyst (215 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nicotine (the active ingredients of Nicotine) and Nicotine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lovaza and Adenosine drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Soma and Fungal Oesophagitis - 3 seconds ago
- Prevalite and Triamcinolone drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Nuvigil and Abreva drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Multiple Myeloma and Urinary Incontinence - 17 seconds ago
- Lozol and Tinnitus Aggravated - 20 seconds ago
- Cortisone Acetate and Brain Stem Syndrome - 24 seconds ago
- Mycophenolic Acid and Levemir Flextouch drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Zyban and Lodine drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Bupropion Hydrochloride and Folliculitis - 34 seconds ago