Nicotine and Lung disorder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Lung disorder is found among people who take Nicotine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nicotine and have Lung disorder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,828 people who have side effects when taking Nicotine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
17,828 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine.
Among them, 80 people (0.45%) have Lung disorder.
What is Nicotine?
Nicotine has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking. eHealthMe is studying from 18,159 Nicotine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Lung disorder?
Lung disorder (lung disease) is found to be associated with 2,175 drugs and 1,700 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nicotine and Lung disorder reports submitted per year:
Time on Nicotine when people have Lung disorder *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Lung disorder when taking Nicotine *:
- female: 35.9 %
- male: 64.1 %
Age of people who have Lung disorder when taking Nicotine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 4.55 %
- 30-39: 19.7 %
- 40-49: 18.18 %
- 50-59: 19.7 %
- 60+: 36.36 %
Common drugs people take besides Nicotine *:
- Colace: 29 people, 36.25%
- Albuterol: 28 people, 35.00%
- Flovent: 27 people, 33.75%
- Zometa: 26 people, 32.50%
- Oxycontin: 25 people, 31.25%
- Zocor: 24 people, 30.00%
- Doxycycline: 21 people, 26.25%
- Prednisone: 21 people, 26.25%
- Atrovent: 19 people, 23.75%
- Celebrex: 19 people, 23.75%
Common side effects people have besides Lung disorder *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 37 people, 46.25%
- Pain: 34 people, 42.50%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 32 people, 40.00%
- Chest Pain: 32 people, 40.00%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 31 people, 38.75%
- Pneumonia: 31 people, 38.75%
- High Blood Pressure: 31 people, 38.75%
- Atelectasis (partial or complete collapse of the lung): 30 people, 37.50%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 28 people, 35.00%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 28 people, 35.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 11 people, 13.75%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 9 people, 11.25%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 5 people, 6.25%
- Diabetes: 4 people, 5.00%
- Depression: 4 people, 5.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 3 people, 3.75%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 3 people, 3.75%
- Sleep Disorder: 3 people, 3.75%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 3 people, 3.75%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 3.75%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nicotine and have Lung disorder?Check whether Lung disorder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Lung disorder and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of nicotine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nicotine:
- Nicotine (18,159 reports)
Common Nicotine side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 1,834 reports
- Dizziness: 847 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 837 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 782 reports
Browse all side effects of Nicotine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Lung disorder treatments and more:
- Lung disorder (57,188 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Lung disorder:
- Lung disorder in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Lung disorder in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Lung disorder in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Lung disorder:
- Prednisone: 4,503 reports
- Methotrexate: 4,244 reports
- Humira: 2,764 reports
- Enbrel: 2,760 reports
- Aspirin: 1,938 reports
- Spiriva: 1,765 reports
- Symbicort: 1,634 reports
- Pantoprazole: 1,551 reports
- Furosemide: 1,519 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,508 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Lung disorder:
- Lung disorder (2,175 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Lung disorder:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 5,667 reports
- Asthma: 2,587 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,230 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 1,653 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Lung disorder:
- Lung disorder (1,700 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nicotine (the active ingredients of Nicotine) and Nicotine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nabumetone and Calcium drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Albuterol and Muscle Cramps - 10 seconds ago
- Ibuprofen and Nabumetone drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Glyburide and Hot Flush - 14 seconds ago
- Celebrex and Cipro drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Modafinil and Nabumetone drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Cefotaxime and Inomax drug interaction - 38 seconds ago
- Amoxicillin and Stress And Anxiety - 38 seconds ago
- Proair Hfa and Sprintec drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Xyzal and Chills - 44 seconds ago