Nicotine and Malabsorption - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Malabsorption is reported only by a few people who take Nicotine.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nicotine and have Malabsorption. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,518 people who have side effects while taking Nicotine from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
16,518 people reported to have side effects when taking Nicotine.
Among them, 5 people (0.03%) have Malabsorption.
What is Nicotine?
Nicotine has active ingredients of nicotine. It is often used in quit smoking. eHealthMe is studying from 16,822 Nicotine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Malabsorption?
Malabsorption (a state arising from abnormality in absorption of food nutrients across the gastrointestinal (gi) tract) is found to be associated with 1,661 drugs and 961 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nicotine and Malabsorption reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Malabsorption when taking Nicotine *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Malabsorption when taking Nicotine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Nicotine *:
- Zetia: 3 people, 60.00%
- Nexium: 3 people, 60.00%
- Zometa: 2 people, 40.00%
- Fish Oil: 2 people, 40.00%
- Methotrexate: 2 people, 40.00%
- Megace: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lortab: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lasix: 2 people, 40.00%
- Folic Acid: 2 people, 40.00%
- Doxil: 2 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Malabsorption *:
- Dizziness: 3 people, 60.00%
- Joint Pain: 2 people, 40.00%
- Enlarged Prostate: 2 people, 40.00%
- Exostosis (formation of new bone on the surface of a bone): 2 people, 40.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 40.00%
- Fever: 2 people, 40.00%
- Flank Pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen): 2 people, 40.00%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 2 people, 40.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 40.00%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 40.00%
- Weight Loss: 1 person, 20.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 20.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 20.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 20.00%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 1 person, 20.00%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nicotine and have Malabsorption?Check whether Malabsorption is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nicotine:
- Nicotine (16,822 reports)
Malabsorption treatments and more:
- Malabsorption (7,363 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Malabsorption:
- Malabsorption in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Malabsorption in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Malabsorption in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Malabsorption and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of nicotine:
Common drugs associated with Malabsorption:
All the drugs that are associated with Malabsorption:
- Malabsorption (1,661 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Malabsorption:
All the conditions that are associated with Malabsorption:
- Malabsorption (961 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nicotine (the active ingredients of Nicotine) and Nicotine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.