Nifedipine and Cardiomyopathy - from FDA reports
Cardiomyopathy is found among people who take Nifedipine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Furosemide, and have Abdominal discomfort. This review analyzes which people have Cardiomyopathy with Nifedipine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 24,884 people who have side effects when taking Nifedipine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 19, 2017
24,884 people reported to have side effects when taking Nifedipine.
Among them, 88 people (0.35%) have Cardiomyopathy
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Nifedipine when people have Cardiomyopathy *:
- < 1 month: 28.57 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 42.86 %
- 2 - 5 years: 28.57 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Cardiomyopathy when taking Nifedipine *:
- female: 52.94 %
- male: 47.06 %
Age of people who have Cardiomyopathy when taking Nifedipine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.47 %
- 30-39: 5.88 %
- 40-49: 13.24 %
- 50-59: 20.59 %
- 60+: 58.82 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (8 people, 9.09%)
- Abdominal Discomfort (8 people, 9.09%)
- Metastases To Bone (6 people, 6.82%)
- Breast Cancer (6 people, 6.82%)
- Stress And Anxiety (5 people, 5.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Furosemide (32 people, 36.36%)
- Coreg (27 people, 30.68%)
- Lasix (24 people, 27.27%)
- Digoxin (23 people, 26.14%)
- Aspirin (22 people, 25.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (53 people, 60.23%)
- Pain (31 people, 35.23%)
- Breathing Difficulty (29 people, 32.95%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (28 people, 31.82%)
- Pleural Effusion (25 people, 28.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Cardiomyopathy when taking Nifedipine?
- Check symptoms - is cardiomyopathy caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCardiomyopathy and drugs with ingredients of nifedipine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCardiomyopathy and Nifedipine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Nifedipine has active ingredients of nifedipine. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Nifedipine 25,464 users)
Cardiomyopathy (weakening of the heart muscle) has been reported by people with diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis, depression (latest reports from 12,899 Cardiomyopathy patients).
Browse all side effects of Nifedipinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with CardiomyopathyCardiomyopathy
Could your condition cause CardiomyopathyCardiomyopathy
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello everyone, would you be aware of unexpected brutal deaths for patients who've been taking cyclophosphamide (Baxter). The events happened within 3 to 7 days, with different dosage intake per day (250ml/kg, 2.1ml/kg). It concerns adults and children. The symptoms are hyponatremia, high level ...
User reviews to the study
husband has cardiomyopathy past 16 years and in past 6 months COPD has resulted in many hospital stays. Prednisone each time, tapered off then reoccurring problems within 2 weeks of stopping. Dr wants us to try low dose long term. Concerns on side effects.
I was taken off Lisinopril/hctz. Put on Losartan/hctz which was not bringing my blood pressure down below 170-180. Then Edybarchlor and Procardia and that's when I noticed the palpitations or fluttering in my heart. Dr took me off all and was to put me on Tribenzor which never arrived but my ...
I have been on Nifedipine 30MG for several years and have been concerned about my low pulse. 1 year ago I brought this up to my DR who checked my pulse - said it was low - said if it got lower I should go to a cardiologist. I then changed PC Dr - she ordered Holtor monitor - results were ...