Nimodipine and Arrhythmias - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Arrhythmias is found among people who take Nimodipine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nimodipine and have Arrhythmias. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,175 people who have side effects when taking Nimodipine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,175 people reported to have side effects when taking Nimodipine.
Among them, 16 people (1.36%) have Arrhythmias.
What is Nimodipine?
Nimodipine has active ingredients of nimodipine. eHealthMe is studying from 1,186 Nimodipine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Arrhythmias?
Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat) is found to be associated with 4,278 drugs and 4,585 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nimodipine and Arrhythmias reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Arrhythmias when taking Nimodipine *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Arrhythmias when taking Nimodipine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 6.25 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 6.25 %
- 50-59: 25.0 %
- 60+: 62.5 %
Common drugs people take besides Nimodipine *:
- Vitamin E: 4 people, 25.00%
- Trental: 4 people, 25.00%
- Ginkgo Biloba: 4 people, 25.00%
- Vitamin C: 4 people, 25.00%
- Plavix: 2 people, 12.50%
- Fluoxetine: 2 people, 12.50%
- Omeprazole: 2 people, 12.50%
- Lasix: 2 people, 12.50%
- Propofol: 1 person, 6.25%
- Pantoprazole: 1 person, 6.25%
Common side effects people have besides Arrhythmias *:
- Chills (felling of cold): 5 people, 31.25%
- Weight Decreased: 4 people, 25.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 25.00%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 4 people, 25.00%
- Weakness: 4 people, 25.00%
- Rashes (redness): 4 people, 25.00%
- Rhinalgia (pain in the nose): 4 people, 25.00%
- Musculoskeletal Chest Pain (pain in chest muscle or nerve or bones): 4 people, 25.00%
- Eating Disorder: 4 people, 25.00%
- Skin - Clammy: 4 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 4 people, 25.00%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 3 people, 18.75%
- Vasodilatation (widening of blood vessels resulting from relaxation of smooth muscle cells within the vessel walls): 2 people, 12.50%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 12.50%
- Eye Disorder: 2 people, 12.50%
- Vein Disorder: 1 person, 6.25%
- Stress Cardiomyopathy (stress-induced chronic disease of the heart muscle): 1 person, 6.25%
- Parkinson's Disease: 1 person, 6.25%
- Mental Disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability): 1 person, 6.25%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 1 person, 6.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nimodipine and have Arrhythmias?Check whether Arrhythmias is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Arrhythmias and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of nimodipine:
- Arrhythmias and drugs with ingredients of nimodipine (18 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nimodipine:
- Nimodipine (1,186 reports)
Arrhythmias treatments and more:
- Arrhythmias (157,811 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Arrhythmias:
- Arrhythmias in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Arrhythmias in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Arrhythmias in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Arrhythmias:
- Aspirin: 5,951 reports
- Prednisone: 5,212 reports
- Omeprazole: 4,147 reports
- Metformin: 3,964 reports
- Vioxx: 3,721 reports
- Furosemide: 3,531 reports
- Methotrexate: 3,363 reports
- Lasix: 3,318 reports
- Amlodipine: 3,050 reports
- Pantoprazole: 2,933 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Arrhythmias:
- Arrhythmias (4,278 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Arrhythmias:
- High blood pressure: 7,193 reports
- Depression: 4,231 reports
- Pain: 4,145 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,858 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Arrhythmias:
- Arrhythmias (4,585 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nimodipine (the active ingredients of Nimodipine) and Nimodipine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cefzil and Interstitial Nephritis - 5 seconds ago
- Cefzil and Nephritis - Interstitial - 5 seconds ago
- Clomipramine Hydrochloride and Aptyalism - 6 seconds ago
- Cleocin and Brethine drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Catapres-Tts-1 and Breast Lump - 13 seconds ago
- Roxanol and Skin Induration - 24 seconds ago
- Sonata vs. Hydroxyzine - 31 seconds ago
- Depakene and Instillation Site Reaction - 35 seconds ago
- Erlotinib Hydrochloride and Intracardiac Thrombus - 44 seconds ago
- Cartia Xt and Skin Abscess - 45 seconds ago