Nitro-dur and Swelling - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Swelling is found among people who take Nitro-dur, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nitro-dur and have Swelling. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,291 people who have side effects when taking Nitro-dur from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,291 people reported to have side effects when taking Nitro-dur.
Among them, 14 people (0.61%) have Swelling.
What is Nitro-dur?
Nitro-dur has active ingredients of nitroglycerin. eHealthMe is studying from 2,320 Nitro-dur users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Swelling?
Swelling is found to be associated with 3,492 drugs and 2,800 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nitro-dur and Swelling reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Swelling when taking Nitro-dur *:
- female: 42.86 %
- male: 57.14 %
Age of people who have Swelling when taking Nitro-dur *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 15.38 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 84.62 %
Common drugs people take besides Nitro-dur *:
- Lasix: 5 people, 35.71%
- Prilosec: 5 people, 35.71%
- Coumadin: 4 people, 28.57%
- Imdur: 4 people, 28.57%
- Synthroid: 4 people, 28.57%
- Protonix: 4 people, 28.57%
- Nexium: 4 people, 28.57%
- Paxil: 4 people, 28.57%
- Miralax: 3 people, 21.43%
- Lipitor: 3 people, 21.43%
Common side effects people have besides Swelling *:
- Nausea And Vomiting: 4 people, 28.57%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 4 people, 28.57%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 4 people, 28.57%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 4 people, 28.57%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 3 people, 21.43%
- Back Pain: 3 people, 21.43%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 21.43%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 3 people, 21.43%
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration (spinal disc degeneration): 3 people, 21.43%
- Pain: 3 people, 21.43%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 5 people, 35.71%
- Hypersensitivity: 3 people, 21.43%
- Breathing Difficulty: 3 people, 21.43%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 21.43%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 3 people, 21.43%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 21.43%
- Itching: 3 people, 21.43%
- Sleep Disorder: 3 people, 21.43%
- Back Pain: 2 people, 14.29%
- Myocardial Ischaemia (the blood flow through one or more of the blood vessels that lead to heart (coronary arteries) is decreased): 2 people, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nitro-dur and have Swelling?Check whether Swelling is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Swelling and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of nitroglycerin:
- Swelling and drugs with ingredients of nitroglycerin (568 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nitro-dur:
- Nitro-dur (2,320 reports)
Common Nitro-dur side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 193 reports
- Chest pain: 187 reports
- Heart attack: 183 reports
- Weakness: 177 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 175 reports
- Drug ineffective: 152 reports
Browse all side effects of Nitro-dur:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Swelling treatments and more:
- Swelling (97,782 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Swelling:
- Swelling in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Swelling in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Swelling in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Swelling:
- Methotrexate: 13,315 reports
- Enbrel: 12,839 reports
- Prednisone: 12,590 reports
- Humira: 11,342 reports
- Actemra: 8,788 reports
- Orencia: 8,551 reports
- Arava: 7,998 reports
- Xeljanz: 7,898 reports
- Sulfasalazine: 7,291 reports
- Remicade: 7,189 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Swelling:
- Swelling (3,492 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Swelling:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 17,652 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,582 reports
- Pain: 3,389 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 3,059 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Swelling:
- Swelling (2,800 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nitroglycerin (the active ingredients of Nitro-dur) and Nitro-dur (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Methotrexate and Ventricular Fibrillation - 5 seconds ago
- Nitroglycerin and Azathioprine Sodium drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Aminocaproic and Ondansetron Hydrochloride drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Bidil and Actonel drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Gout and Hepatitis Cholestatic - 12 seconds ago
- Depo-Medrol and Bursitis - 15 seconds ago
- Tikosyn and Electrocardiogram Qt Prolonged - 16 seconds ago
- Phenergan and Xarelto drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Sinemet and Paranoia - 22 seconds ago
- Pepcid and Cystadane drug interaction - 22 seconds ago