Nitroglycerin and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is reported only by a few people who take Nitroglycerin.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nitroglycerin and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 45,512 people who have side effects while taking Nitroglycerin from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
45,512 people reported to have side effects when taking Nitroglycerin.
Among them, 1 person (0.0%) has Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Nitroglycerin?
Nitroglycerin has active ingredients of nitroglycerin. It is often used in chest pain. eHealthMe is studying from 42,061 Nitroglycerin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 445 drugs and 208 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nitroglycerin and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Nitroglycerin *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Nitroglycerin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Nitroglycerin *:
- Zestril: 1 person, 100.00%
- Hytrin: 1 person, 100.00%
- Lovastatin: 1 person, 100.00%
- Lopressor: 1 person, 100.00%
- Lisinopril: 1 person, 100.00%
- Lidex: 1 person, 100.00%
- Lasix: 1 person, 100.00%
- Keflex: 1 person, 100.00%
- Kayexalate: 1 person, 100.00%
- Folic Acid: 1 person, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Weakness: 1 person, 100.00%
- Skin Wrinkling (wrinkle on skin): 1 person, 100.00%
- Fibrosis (formation of excess fibrous connective tissue in an organ or tissue): 1 person, 100.00%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 1 person, 100.00%
- Ischaemic Ulcer (arterial ulcer): 1 person, 100.00%
- Joint Contracture (a permanent shortening of a muscle or joint): 1 person, 100.00%
- Joint Range Of Motion Decreased (disease of joint movement): 1 person, 100.00%
- Joint Swelling: 1 person, 100.00%
- Mental Disorder (a psychological term for a mental or behavioural pattern or anomaly that causes distress or disability): 1 person, 100.00%
- Mobility Decreased (ability to move is reduced): 1 person, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rash Pruritic (redness with itching): 1 person, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nitroglycerin and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of nitroglycerin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nitroglycerin:
- Nitroglycerin (42,061 reports)
Common Nitroglycerin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Nitroglycerin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,031 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (445 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Ra: 104 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (208 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nitroglycerin (the active ingredients of Nitroglycerin) and Nitroglycerin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Bumex and Paranoia - a second ago
- Atacand and Adderall drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Topamax and Uveitis - 4 seconds ago
- Noxafil and Gallstones - 6 seconds ago
- Viramune and Drug Intolerance - 23 seconds ago
- Flexeril and Application Site Excoriation - 23 seconds ago
- Fibromyalgia and Gastrointestinal Inflammation - 26 seconds ago
- Septra and Breast Pain - 35 seconds ago
- Lopressor and Movement - Uncoordinated - 36 seconds ago
- Captopril And Hydrochlorothiazide and Aspirin drug interaction - 41 seconds ago