Nizatidine and Large intestinal obstruction - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Large intestinal obstruction is reported only by a few people who take Nizatidine.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Nizatidine and have Large intestinal obstruction. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,883 people who have side effects while taking Nizatidine from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,883 people reported to have side effects when taking Nizatidine.
Among them, 5 people (0.17%) have Large intestinal obstruction.
What is Nizatidine?
Nizatidine has active ingredients of nizatidine. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. eHealthMe is studying from 2,916 Nizatidine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Large intestinal obstruction?
Large intestinal obstruction is found to be associated with 613 drugs and 343 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Nizatidine and Large intestinal obstruction reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Large intestinal obstruction when taking Nizatidine *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Large intestinal obstruction when taking Nizatidine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Nizatidine *:
- Metoclopramide: 5 people, 100.00%
- Clozaril: 5 people, 100.00%
- Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate: 4 people, 80.00%
Common side effects people have besides Large intestinal obstruction *:
- Large Intestine Perforation (hole in large intestine): 5 people, 100.00%
- Platelet Count Increased: 5 people, 100.00%
- Constipation: 5 people, 100.00%
- Neutrophil Count Increased (excess than normal number of neutrophil a type of blood cell): 5 people, 100.00%
- Hepatic Congestion (liver congestion): 5 people, 100.00%
- Pain: 4 people, 80.00%
- Infectious Peritonitis (inflammation of the peritoneum, typically caused by bacterial infection): 4 people, 80.00%
- Foaming At Mouth (excess saliva secretion): 3 people, 60.00%
- Hallucination, Auditory (perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus): 2 people, 40.00%
- Atherosclerosis (disorder of the arteries): 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 5 people, 100.00%
- Salivary Hypersecretion (excess saliva secretion): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Nizatidine and have Large intestinal obstruction?Check whether Large intestinal obstruction is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Large intestinal obstruction and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of nizatidine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nizatidine:
- Nizatidine (2,916 reports)
Common Nizatidine side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 339 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 214 reports
- Fever: 181 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 142 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 141 reports
- Pneumonia: 129 reports
- Weakness: 114 reports
Browse all side effects of Nizatidine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Large intestinal obstruction treatments and more:
- Large intestinal obstruction (1,994 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Large intestinal obstruction:
- Large intestinal obstruction in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Large intestinal obstruction in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Large intestinal obstruction in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Large intestinal obstruction:
- Humira: 642 reports
- Prednisone: 136 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Large intestinal obstruction:
- Large intestinal obstruction (613 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Large intestinal obstruction:
- Crohn's disease: 468 reports
- Pain: 112 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Large intestinal obstruction:
- Large intestinal obstruction (343 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on nizatidine (the active ingredients of Nizatidine) and Nizatidine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tradjenta and Ataxia Aggravated - 2 seconds ago
- Captopril and Stroke In Evolution - 16 seconds ago
- Nifedipine and Sinoatrial Node Dysfunction - 24 seconds ago
- Pulmicort Respules and Abnormal Sensation In Eye - 35 seconds ago
- Jakafi and Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods - 37 seconds ago
- Solu-Cortef and Angioneurotic Oedema Aggravated - 37 seconds ago
- Fragmin and Malignant Pleural Effusion - 39 seconds ago
- Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide and Heart Attack - 44 seconds ago
- Rabeprazole and Intra-Abdominal Pressure Increased - 50 seconds ago
- Niaspan and Gallop Rhythm Present - 53 seconds ago