Nizoral and Death - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Death is found among people who take Nizoral, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,274 people who have side effects when taking Nizoral from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,274 people reported to have side effects when taking Nizoral.
Among them, 104 people (1.97%) died.
What is Nizoral?
Nizoral has active ingredients of ketoconazole. It is often used in seborrheic dermatitis. eHealthMe is studying from 5,336 Nizoral users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Nizoral and Death reports submitted per year:
Time on Nizoral when people died *:
Gender of people who died when taking Nizoral*:
Age of people who died when taking Nizoral *:
Common drugs people take besides Nizoral *:
Common side effects people have before they died *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ketoconazole:
- Death and drugs with ingredients of ketoconazole (237 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Nizoral:
- Nizoral (5,336 reports)
Common Nizoral side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 678 reports
- Itching: 316 reports
- Hair loss: 279 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 271 reports
- Rashes (redness): 264 reports
- Pain: 242 reports
- Weakness: 207 reports
Browse all side effects of Nizoral:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
COVID vaccines that are related to Death:
- Death in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Death in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Death in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Death:
- Oxycontin: 25,919 reports
- Revlimid: 24,344 reports
- Duragesic: 15,960 reports
- Dilaudid: 15,851 reports
- Percocet: 15,758 reports
- Prolia: 14,914 reports
- Ms contin: 14,867 reports
- Aranesp: 14,840 reports
- Aspirin: 14,746 reports
- Opana: 13,795 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Death:
- Death (4,483 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Death:
- Multiple myeloma: 23,142 reports
- Pain: 20,012 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 17,771 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Death:
- Death (3,693 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ketoconazole (the active ingredients of Nizoral) and Nizoral (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Aspirin and Subdiaphragmatic Abscess - a second ago
- Crohn'S Disease Aggravated and Cytomegalovirus Colitis - 2 seconds ago
- Risperidone and Vimpat drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Atherosclerosis Obliterans and Sputum Retention - 10 seconds ago
- Nucala and Viibryd drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Clonidine and Carbamazepine drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Breast Cancer and Chest Wall Pain - 15 seconds ago
- Nucala and Vimovo drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Breast Cancer and Cardiac Pacemaker Replacement - 16 seconds ago
- Nucala and Vienva drug interaction - 16 seconds ago