Norflex and Ketoacidosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ketoacidosis is reported only by a few people who take Norflex.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Norflex and have Ketoacidosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,642 people who have side effects while taking Norflex from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,642 people reported to have side effects when taking Norflex.
Among them, 3 people (0.18%) have Ketoacidosis.
What is Norflex?
Norflex has active ingredients of orphenadrine citrate. It is often used in muscle spasms. eHealthMe is studying from 1,832 Norflex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ketoacidosis?
Ketoacidosis (high concentrations of ketone bodies in blood) is found to be associated with 2,264 drugs and 1,595 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Norflex and Ketoacidosis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Ketoacidosis when taking Norflex *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Ketoacidosis when taking Norflex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 33.33 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Norflex *:
- Gabapentin: 3 people, 100.00%
- Zyprexa: 2 people, 66.67%
- Risperdal: 2 people, 66.67%
- Haldol: 2 people, 66.67%
- Mirtazapine: 2 people, 66.67%
- Ultram: 2 people, 66.67%
- Protonix: 2 people, 66.67%
- Nexium: 2 people, 66.67%
- Lasix: 2 people, 66.67%
- Bactrim: 2 people, 66.67%
Common side effects people have besides Ketoacidosis *:
- Abdominal Pain: 2 people, 66.67%
- Blood Glucose Decreased: 2 people, 66.67%
- Depression: 2 people, 66.67%
- Muscle Contractions Involuntary (uncontrolled muscle contraction): 2 people, 66.67%
- Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control: 2 people, 66.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 66.67%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 66.67%
- Confusional State: 2 people, 66.67%
- Pain In Extremity: 2 people, 66.67%
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar): 2 people, 66.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Depression: 2 people, 66.67%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 33.33%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 1 person, 33.33%
- Schizoaffective Disorder (a mental disorder characterized by disordered thought): 1 person, 33.33%
- Pulmonary Congestion (congestion in the lungs): 1 person, 33.33%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 33.33%
- Impaired Gastric Emptying: 1 person, 33.33%
- Cough: 1 person, 33.33%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 1 person, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Norflex and have Ketoacidosis?Check whether Ketoacidosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Ketoacidosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of orphenadrine citrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Norflex:
- Norflex (1,832 reports)
Common Norflex side effects:
Browse all side effects of Norflex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ketoacidosis treatments and more:
- Ketoacidosis (34,536 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ketoacidosis:
- Ketoacidosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ketoacidosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ketoacidosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ketoacidosis:
All the drugs that are associated with Ketoacidosis:
- Ketoacidosis (2,264 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Ketoacidosis:
All the conditions that are associated with Ketoacidosis:
- Ketoacidosis (1,595 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on orphenadrine citrate (the active ingredients of Norflex) and Norflex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Itraconazole and Eye Pruritus - 3 seconds ago
- Magnesium and Personality Change - 4 seconds ago
- Cimetidine Hydrochloride and Elavil drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Nexavar and Glucophage Xr drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Amphetamine Sulfate vs. Invega - 19 seconds ago
- Relafen vs. Vesicare - 25 seconds ago
- Glucosamine and Optivar drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Ultrasound Scan Abnormal and drugs of ingredients of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate - 30 seconds ago
- Dexamethasone and Oesophageal Hypomotility - 31 seconds ago
- Mexitil and Urine Output - Decreased - 31 seconds ago