Will you have Dementia with Norvasc - from FDA reports
Dementia is found among people who take Norvasc, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aricept, and have High blood cholesterol. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 111,048 people who have side effects when taking Norvasc from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on amlodipine besylate (the active ingredients of Norvasc) and Norvasc (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Dementia are also considered in the study.
What is Norvasc?
Norvasc has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Norvasc 113,865 users)
What is Dementia?
Dementia (madness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression (latest reports from 24,230 Dementia patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
111,048 people reported to have side effects when taking Norvasc.
Among them, 365 people (0.33%) have Dementia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Norvasc when people have Dementia *:
- < 1 month: 8.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 20.83 %
- 1 - 2 years: 25.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 12.5 %
Gender of people who have Dementia when taking Norvasc *:
- female: 65.56 %
- male: 34.44 %
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Norvasc *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 2.71 %
- 50-59: 1.69 %
- 60+: 95.59 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 29 people, 7.95%
- Depression: 26 people, 7.12%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 18 people, 4.93%
- Pain: 15 people, 4.11%
- Dementia Alzheimer's Type (loss of mental ability with alzheimer's symptom): 15 people, 4.11%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 15 people, 4.11%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 14 people, 3.84%
- Constipation: 14 people, 3.84%
- Hypercalcaemia Of Malignancy (elevated calcium (ca+) level in the blood with cancer): 13 people, 3.56%
- Stress And Anxiety: 13 people, 3.56%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aricept: 78 people, 21.37%
- Lasix: 60 people, 16.44%
- Aspirin: 58 people, 15.89%
- Furosemide: 49 people, 13.42%
- Lipitor: 46 people, 12.60%
- Lisinopril: 46 people, 12.60%
- Zometa: 40 people, 10.96%
- Plavix: 38 people, 10.41%
- Levaquin: 37 people, 10.14%
- Zocor: 37 people, 10.14%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness: 78 people, 21.37%
- Stress And Anxiety: 75 people, 20.55%
- Depression: 71 people, 19.45%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 66 people, 18.08%
- Pain: 65 people, 17.81%
- Fall: 64 people, 17.53%
- Back Pain: 61 people, 16.71%
- Weight Decreased: 59 people, 16.16%
- Breathing Difficulty: 59 people, 16.16%
- Confusional State: 57 people, 15.62%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Dementia while taking Norvasc?
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Norvasc and have Dementia
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Boschee T, DO PGY II, "Acute Hallucinations: Where Did That Come From?", , 2007 Jan .
Drugs that are associated with DementiaDementia (1,713 drugs)
Could your condition cause DementiaDementia (1,237 conditions)
Norvasc side effects
- Norvasc side effects (111,094 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Norvasca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Olive Leaf and Radix Bupleuri drug interaction - a second ago
- Will you have Meningitis - Cryptococcal with Anastrozole? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Productive Cough with Pantoprazole? - 3 seconds ago
- Lotrel and Racine De Guimauve drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Fenofibrate and N-9 Fatty Acid drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Cider Vinegar and Ambien drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Terminal Dribbling with Metformin? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Increased Intracranial Pressure with Diverticulitis? - 5 seconds ago
- Robaxin and Xarelto drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Valchlor and Meclizine drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Plavix, Metoprolol Tartrate, Aspirin - 50 minutes ago
- A study for a 43 year old man who takes Klonopin, Lamictal - an hour ago
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Wellbutrin, Effexor Xr - an hour ago
- A study for a 43 year old man who takes Klonopin, Lamictal - an hour ago
- A study for a 43 year old man who takes Lamictal - an hour ago
- Drug comparison of Gabapentin, Celexa for a 34 year old man - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Xeljanz - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Lyrica - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 31 year old woman who takes Nicotine, Excedrin, Sertraline, Aleve, Caffeine, Clonazepam, Ferrous Fumarate, Lamotrigine - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Ultram, Lyrica - 4 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.