Who have Dementia with Norvasc - from FDA reports
Dementia is found among people who take Norvasc, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aricept, and have High blood cholesterol. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 109,593 people who have side effects when taking Norvasc from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
109,593 people reported to have side effects when taking Norvasc.
Among them, 362 people (0.33%) have Dementia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Norvasc when people have Dementia *:
- < 1 month: 8.7 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30.43 %
- 6 - 12 months: 21.74 %
- 1 - 2 years: 26.09 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 13.04 %
Gender of people who have Dementia when taking Norvasc *:
- female: 65.56 %
- male: 34.44 %
Age of people who have Dementia when taking Norvasc *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 2.72 %
- 50-59: 1.7 %
- 60+: 95.58 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 29 people, 8.01%
- Depression: 26 people, 7.18%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 18 people, 4.97%
- Pain: 15 people, 4.14%
- Dementia Alzheimer's Type (loss of mental ability with alzheimer's symptom): 15 people, 4.14%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aricept: 77 people, 21.27%
- Lasix: 60 people, 16.57%
- Aspirin: 58 people, 16.02%
- Furosemide: 49 people, 13.54%
- Lisinopril: 46 people, 12.71%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness: 78 people, 21.55%
- Stress And Anxiety: 75 people, 20.72%
- Depression: 71 people, 19.61%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 66 people, 18.23%
- Pain: 65 people, 17.96%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Dementia while taking Norvasc?
You are not alone:
Norvasc has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Norvasc 112,410 users)
Dementia (madness) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression (latest reports from 23,464 Dementia patients).
Drugs that are associated with DementiaDementia (1,711 drugs)
Could your condition cause DementiaDementia (1,237 conditions)
Norvasc side effects
- Norvasc side effects (109,639 reports)
Browse all side effects of Norvasca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Boschee T, DO PGY II, "Acute Hallucinations: Where Did That Come From?", , 2007 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Death Unexplained with Proair Hfa? - now
- Will you have Skin Discolouration with Labetalol Hydrochloride? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Skin Discoloration with Labetalol Hydrochloride? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Sternal Injury with Potassium Chloride? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Cardiac Arrest with Dalgan? - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Drug comparison of Mucinex Dm, Amlodipine for a 49 year old man - an hour ago
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Dexamethasone, Revlimid, Velcade - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Keppra Xr, Adderall Xr 25 - 2 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Lomotil, Cholestyramine for a 79 year old man - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Arimidex - 4 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.