Norvasc and Nosebleed - from FDA reports
Nosebleed is found among people who take Norvasc, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 109,593 people who have side effects when taking Norvasc from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
109,593 people reported to have side effects when taking Norvasc.
Among them, 888 people (0.81%) have Nosebleed
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Norvasc when people have Nosebleed *:
- < 1 month: 25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15 %
- 6 - 12 months: 20 %
Gender of people who have Nosebleed when taking Norvasc *:
- female: 60.81 %
- male: 39.19 %
Age of people who have Nosebleed when taking Norvasc *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.39 %
- 10-19: 0.66 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 61 people, 6.87%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 46 people, 5.18%
- Pain: 37 people, 4.17%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 34 people, 3.83%
- Diabetes: 31 people, 3.49%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 220 people, 24.77%
- Lipitor: 104 people, 11.71%
- Coumadin: 104 people, 11.71%
- Aspirin: 102 people, 11.49%
- Aredia: 87 people, 9.80%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 158 people, 17.79%
- Weakness: 153 people, 17.23%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 142 people, 15.99%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 129 people, 14.53%
- Diarrhea: 127 people, 14.30%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Nosebleed while taking Norvasc?
You are not alone:
Norvasc has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Norvasc 112,410 users)
Nosebleed (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, stroke, high blood pressure, thrombosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 54,333 Nosebleed patients).
Drugs that are associated with NosebleedNosebleed (2,660 drugs)
Could your condition cause NosebleedNosebleed (2,328 conditions)
Norvasc side effects
- Norvasc side effects (109,639 reports)
Browse all side effects of Norvasca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Boschee T, DO PGY II, "Acute Hallucinations: Where Did That Come From?", , 2007 Jan .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Allergen Nos Skin Test Positive with Lincocin? - now
- Will you have Heart Rate Increased with Parafon Forte Dsc? - now
- Will you have Mental Status Changes with Victoza? - a second ago
- Will you have Gallbladder Obstruction with Gabapentin? - a second ago
- Will you have Fistula Discharge with Ambien? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 20 year old woman who takes Sudafed - 9 minutes ago
- A study for a 41 year old man who takes Probiotic - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 39 year old man who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Allopurinol, Melatonin, Vitamin D3, Lamictal - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Celexa, Phentermine - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Mobic, Biotin, Methocarbamol - 6 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.