Norvasc and Nosebleed - from FDA reports
Nosebleed is found among people who take Norvasc, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. This review analyzes which people have Nosebleed with Norvasc. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 102,867 people who have side effects when taking Norvasc from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
102,867 people reported to have side effects when taking Norvasc.
Among them, 828 people (0.8%) have Nosebleed
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Norvasc when people have Nosebleed *:
- < 1 month: 25.64 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.38 %
- 6 - 12 months: 17.95 %
- 1 - 2 years: 20.51 %
- 2 - 5 years: 10.26 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 10.26 %
Gender of people who have Nosebleed when taking Norvasc *:
- female: 60.89 %
- male: 39.11 %
Age of people who have Nosebleed when taking Norvasc *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.42 %
- 10-19: 0.7000000000000001 %
- 20-29: 0.42 %
- 30-39: 2.24 %
- 40-49: 4.63 %
- 50-59: 18.65 %
- 60+: 72.93 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 52 people, 6.28%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 40 people, 4.83%
- Pain: 35 people, 4.23%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 31 people, 3.74%
- Diabetes: 29 people, 3.50%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 202 people, 24.40%
- Aspirin: 102 people, 12.32%
- Coumadin: 101 people, 12.20%
- Lipitor: 99 people, 11.96%
- Aredia: 87 people, 10.51%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness: 145 people, 17.51%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 145 people, 17.51%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 136 people, 16.43%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 125 people, 15.10%
- Breathing Difficulty: 122 people, 14.73%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Norvasc and have Nosebleed?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Nosebleed
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Hemoglobin a1c (hgba1c) with eag ($41.00) Add to cart
- Lipid profile ($41.00) Add to cart
- Prothrombin time (pt) and partial thromboplastin time (ptt) ($53.00) Add to cart
- Pt, inr (prothrombin time) ($39.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Norvasc has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Norvasc 105,683 users)
Nosebleed (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, stroke, high blood pressure, thrombosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 45,749 Nosebleed patients).
Drugs that are associated with NosebleedNosebleed (2,667 drugs)
Could your condition cause NosebleedNosebleed (2,305 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNosebleed and drugs with ingredients of amlodipine besylate. (1,671 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNosebleed and Norvasc from FDA and eHealthMe reports (831 reports)
Norvasc side effects
- Norvasc side effects (102,913 reports)
Browse all side effects of Norvasca b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Boschee T, DO PGY II, "Acute Hallucinations: Where Did That Come From?", , 2007 Jan .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Norvasc and have Nosebleed
- Support group for people who have Nosebleed
- Support group for people who take Norvasc
Can you answer these questions
- Since being on Norco and mobic i have really bad nightmares. Mostly about family dying or getting killed. Which medication does this if any?
- If you take a baby aspirin and have mylodysplastic syndrome, can I take Tumeric? Have had nosebleeds. Taking Tumeric for pain. Should I stop taking the baby aspirin.
- I started taking a generic brand of Mucinex DM 1 week ago because I had a head cold. I took 2 doses total within a 36 hour time period with no adverse reaction. 6 day later, I took 1 more dose because I was still having lots of congestion. My ears felt like I needed to pop them and I started...
- I was prescribed Benzonatate yesterday took 1 last night and had a Severe nose bleeding early this Am. Is this common for anyone?
- can anyone help me with solutions to help me control my nosebleeds. i take a generic for crestor and get my nosebleeds mostly while i sleep.when it bleeds it pours blood from my nose and ruining my bed sheets. I have humidifiers in bedroom going all night. Any suggestions ? Allen Howe
You may be interested in these posts
- Hi, had nose bleed after 2 days of use. Also, after first pill: pain in legs, dizziness, tired. I am taking baby aspirine too. I suspended use on 3rd day. I am female, 52, had Tia Stroke. However, I had ever smoke or drink, do not have high colesterol/ triglycerides. I exercise regularly,...
- I was injected with Kenalod near both of my eyes for pimples in my 20's. From severe light sensitivity, including tears coming down my face when outside, when people were just fine, it developed to cataracts at 30 yo. After cataract surgery in both I got both of my retinas detached. Since the...
- I had eye laser treatment today. Tonight I used my Dexamethesone drops, blew my nose and instantly had a nose bleed. Anyone else?
- I had laser eye surgery today and used Dexamethasone drops for the first time this evening. I just blew my nose and blew out blood. Does anyone else have this? xx
- I am a Diabetic. I woke up this morning to a nose bleed and immediately decided to look online for this symptom associated with the drug. I've been taking Abilify less than 7 days and already experiencing nose bleeds. Im not pleased. Is there an alternative drug? What can you do when all drugs...
- Will you have Impairment Of Speech with Fragmin?
- Will you have Dysphasia with Fragmin?
- Will you have Dysarthria with Fragmin?
- Will you have Aphasia with Fragmin?
- Will you have Vaginal Cellulitis with Doxylamine Succinate?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Fragmin and have Impairment Of Speech?
- Support group for people who take Fragmin and have Dysphasia?
- Support group for people who take Fragmin and have Dysarthria?
- Support group for people who take Fragmin and have Aphasia?
- Support group for people who take Doxylamine Succinate and have Vaginal Cellulitis?
- What to expect when you take Fragmin and have Impairment Of Speech?
- What to expect when you take Fragmin and have Dysphasia?
- What to expect when you take Fragmin and have Dysarthria?
- What to expect when you take Fragmin and have Aphasia?
- What to expect when you take Doxylamine Succinate and have Vaginal Cellulitis?
- A study for a 17 year old girl who takes Concerta
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Claritin-d 24 Hour, Strattera, Oxcarbazepine, Progesterone, Zoloft, Nasacort
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Riomet
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Budesonide, Probiotics
- Drug comparison of Zofran, Roxicodone, Advil Liqui-gels, Lovenox, Esomeprazole Magnesium for a 33 year old man
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.